I'm using the Window's XP.
I tried to download a copy of Macromedia Flash Player.
The dialogue on the Macromedia Flash Player download site says that the
download was successful.
I've gone through this a number of times, but the Flash Player isn't in the
control panels list of currently installed programs.
Also, I downloaded a copy of the Macromedia Shockwave Player.
It shows up in the list of currently installed programs, but I can't get it
to do anything.
Please advise
Thank You

Did you simply download or did it install on its own?
In Internet Explorer, tools, Internet options, settings button, view objects. In this
folder, view, details, see if the ShockWave Flash Object is damaged, if it is delete
it and download again.
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"brunetto" <brunetto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using the Window's XP.
> I tried to download a copy of Macromedia Flash Player.
> The dialogue on the Macromedia Flash Player download site says that the
> download was successful.
> I've gone through this a number of times, but the Flash Player isn't in the
> control panels list of currently installed programs.
> Also, I downloaded a copy of the Macromedia Shockwave Player.
> It shows up in the list of currently installed programs, but I can't get it
> to do anything.
> Please advise
> Thank You

brunetto,

I don't believe that Macromedia players are actual "players" that you
can open and control (like Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, QuickTime
Player, etc). Rather, they are used to allow media content on certain
web pages to play when you visit a site. For instance, many E-greeting
cards use Flash and Shockwave, as do web pages that have motion on
them.

Ken

--
bandanaken