join AD user to XP workstation Admin group

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Hello friends, how can I make an Windows 2003 AD user a member of XP
workstation local Admins group. By default AD users don't have access to
many features on the xp machine. Is there a group policy setting that would
accomplish this task?

Thanks much.
3 answers Last reply
More about join user workstation admin group
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    Manual: Right-click My Computer > select Manage > expand Local Users and
    Groups > Groups > Add the user to the Administrators group.

    Automatic: www.joeware.net
    Check out the free win32 pages and look for LG. It allows remote
    modification to localgroups via script.

    --
    Todd J Heron, MCSE
    Windows Server 2003/2000/NT; CCA

    <eldingo> wrote in message news:%23OHVz2UoFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    Hello friends, how can I make an Windows 2003 AD user a member of XP
    workstation local Admins group. By default AD users don't have access to
    many features on the xp machine. Is there a group policy setting that would
    accomplish this task?

    Thanks much.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    eldingo schrieb:
    > Hello friends, how can I make an Windows 2003 AD user a member of XP
    > workstation local Admins group. By default AD users don't have access to
    > many features on the xp machine. Is there a group policy setting that would
    > accomplish this task?

    You are searching the "restricted groups" inside a GPO.
    There you can replace the actual local admins (which takes efect
    even on the domain admin) or you can add them and the original
    mappings are not involved.

    Mark
    --
    Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
    Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de

    Hi Mark, Danke schöne for your help

    "Mark Heitbrink [MVP]" <spam-only@gruppenrichtlinien.de> wrote in message
    > eldingo schrieb:
    >> Hello friends, how can I make an Windows 2003 AD user a member of XP
    >> workstation local Admins group. By default AD users don't have access to
    >> many features on the xp machine. Is there a group policy setting that
    >> would
    >> accomplish this task?
    >
    > You are searching the "restricted groups" inside a GPO.
    > There you can replace the actual local admins (which takes efect
    > even on the domain admin) or you can add them and the original
    > mappings are not involved.
    >
    > Mark
    > --
    > Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
    > Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de
    > W2K FAQ : http://w2k-faq.ebend.de
    > PM: Vorname@Homepage, Versende-Adresse wird nicht abgerufen.

Policy Windows Server Workstations Microsoft Windows XP