Scott

What's the best way to clean the new Ultrabrite laptop...smooth and glossy...
screen? I've always used distilled water and a soft cloth on my laptop
screens, but it's hard to make them smear-free when drying, and it's even
harder on a glossy screen.

Thanks!
Scott

Any spray eyeglass cleaner that's roughly 50% denatured alcohol and 50%
water (use a soft, lint-free cloth) should do just fine, Scott. And don't
wipe in circles, just in either horizontal or vertical (not both), straight
lines.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Scott wrote:
> What's the best way to clean the new Ultrabrite laptop...smooth and
> glossy... screen? I've always used distilled water and a soft cloth on
> my laptop screens, but it's hard to make them smear-free when drying, and
> it's even harder on a glossy screen.
>
> Thanks!
> Scott

Malke

PA Bear wrote:

> Any spray eyeglass cleaner that's roughly 50% denatured alcohol and
> 50%
> water (use a soft, lint-free cloth) should do just fine, Scott. And
> don't wipe in circles, just in either horizontal or vertical (not
> both), straight lines.

Even cheaper than buying eyeglass cleaner is to just buy a spray bottle
and fill it with 50/50 isopropyl alcohol and water. I use those
microfiber cleaning cloths and spray the cloth. Make sure to run the
cloths through the washing machine first - some of them have some sort
of coating on them when new.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

[isopropyl vs. denatured, i can never keep 'em straight...or spell the first
one]

Malke wrote:
> PA Bear wrote:
>
> > Any spray eyeglass cleaner that's roughly 50% denatured alcohol and
> > 50%
> > water (use a soft, lint-free cloth) should do just fine, Scott. And
> > don't wipe in circles, just in either horizontal or vertical (not
> > both), straight lines.
>
> Even cheaper than buying eyeglass cleaner is to just buy a spray bottle
> and fill it with 50/50 isopropyl alcohol and water. I use those
> microfiber cleaning cloths and spray the cloth. Make sure to run the
> cloths through the washing machine first - some of them have some sort
> of coating on them when new.
>
> Malke

Malke

PA Bear wrote:

> [isopropyl vs. denatured, i can never keep 'em straight...or spell the
> [first
> one]

Does it really matter? You can't drink either of 'em! ;-)

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

:)

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

> PA Bear wrote:
>
>> [isopropyl vs. denatured, i can never keep 'em straight...or spell the
>> [first
>> one]
>>
> Does it really matter? You can't drink either of 'em! ;-)
>
> Malke

More's the pity.