Cleaning Laptop Screen

What's the best way to clean the new Ultrabrite laptop...smooth and glossy...
screen? I've always used distilled water and a soft cloth on my laptop
screens, but it's hard to make them smear-free when drying, and it's even
harder on a glossy screen.

Thanks!
Scott
6 answers Last reply
More about cleaning laptop screen

    Any spray eyeglass cleaner that's roughly 50% denatured alcohol and 50%
    water (use a soft, lint-free cloth) should do just fine, Scott. And don't
    wipe in circles, just in either horizontal or vertical (not both), straight
    lines.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    PA Bear wrote:

    > Any spray eyeglass cleaner that's roughly 50% denatured alcohol and
    > 50%
    > water (use a soft, lint-free cloth) should do just fine, Scott. And
    > don't wipe in circles, just in either horizontal or vertical (not
    > both), straight lines.

    Even cheaper than buying eyeglass cleaner is to just buy a spray bottle
    and fill it with 50/50 isopropyl alcohol and water. I use those
    microfiber cleaning cloths and spray the cloth. Make sure to run the
    cloths through the washing machine first - some of them have some sort
    of coating on them when new.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    [isopropyl vs. denatured, i can never keep 'em straight...or spell the first
    one]

    PA Bear wrote:

    > [isopropyl vs. denatured, i can never keep 'em straight...or spell the
    > [first
    > one]

    Does it really matter? You can't drink either of 'em! ;-)

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    :)

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    > PA Bear wrote:
    >
    >> [isopropyl vs. denatured, i can never keep 'em straight...or spell the
    >> [first
    >> one]
    >>
    > Does it really matter? You can't drink either of 'em! ;-)
    >
    > Malke

    More's the pity.

    Malke wrote:
    > PA Bear wrote:
    >
    > > [isopropyl vs. denatured, i can never keep 'em straight...or spell the
    > > [first
    > > one]
    > >
    > Does it really matter? You can't drink either of 'em! ;-)
    >
    > Malke

Laptop Screen Microsoft Windows XP