Can anyone help me?

AceX

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2003
I formatted my computer and replaced my graphics card because i was getting severe fps drops in games like counterstrike and jedi academy, where it should be able to handle them smoothly. It cant be a windows problem as i formatted or a graphics card problem as i replaced it and have the same issues. Even when i change the graphical settings in games from high to lowest, the severety is the same of the fps drops. I had a geforce fx 5600 and now have a radeon 9600 pro. My computer is an intel 1.3ghz with 640mb ram using XP. This is my motherboard:

http://www.fujitsu-siemens.co.uk/rl/servicesupport/techsupport/Boards/Motherboards/FSC/d1192/D1192.htm

Any ideas what can be done? This is quickly becoming a costly affair. Thank you very much in advance!

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
I think he also posted this in the CPU forum.

---
<font color=red>The preceding text is assembled from information stored in an unreliable organic storage medium. As such it may be innacurate, incomplete, or completely wrong</font color=red> :wink:

RCPilot

Champion
:lol: He also posted it in the Graphics Card Forum. Oh well!!

I didn't notice until after I responded. I though somebody would get on him by now though.

Dazzle them with Brilliance, or Baffle them with BS! :wink:

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Why do ppl do this? Surely it's obvious that it'll only irritate people? Why do they think there are separate forums for different things?
*sighs*
ah well, can't be helped now....

---
<font color=red>The preceding text is assembled from information stored in an unreliable organic storage medium. As such it may be innacurate, incomplete, or completely wrong</font color=red> :wink:

RCPilot

Champion
I agree, but it happens all to often.

I guess that some people think their problems are more important or the most important, than others. I don't know what to make out of it other than that, myself.

Dazzle them with Brilliance, or Baffle them with BS! :wink: