Canada?

"HHamp5246" <hhamp5246@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message
news:20040711203724.29586.00001326@mb-m16.aol.com...
> Hi Gang,
>
> I'm traveling into Canada in a few days..... will be north of Toronto.
>
> Do I need to get special somethings from Verizon to make and receive calls
> without incurring huge bills? I have America's Choice.....
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hunter
> http://members.aol.com/ILuvBrady/summer2004.htm

Depends.. While you can switch to North Americas choice, and switch back
when you return, I don't know if they have free Nights and Weekends up
there. Surprisingly enough, when I was in Canada, I enabled my 802.11b
connection (Wi-Fi), and was able to use that for free in a LOT of places!

On 12 Jul 2004 00:37:24 GMT, hhamp5246@aol.comnojunk (HHamp5246) wrote:
>I'm traveling into Canada in a few days..... will be north of Toronto.
>Do I need to get special somethings from Verizon to make and receive calls
>without incurring huge bills? I have America's Choice.....

You'll be paying 69 cents (US) per minute for both incoming and outgoing
calls.

You could switch to something like North America's Choice or National
Single Rate Plus Canada (if it's still available), extending your
contract. But if you switch back to America's Choice after your trip,
you'll lose your free long distance from the US to Canada (if you have
that now), as it is no longer available.