Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

First look at dirt 2 in DX11

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 1, 2009 5:08:22 PM

More about : dirt dx11

December 2, 2009 2:48:49 AM

For our convenience, here's the video from that article:

December 3, 2009 3:06:32 PM

No DX10 and no SLi = no sale, it's a worse pile of poo than the first one IMHO.
Related resources
December 3, 2009 5:26:27 PM

LoL , then what is the point?

And the fact that in that one scene where the rally car hits the water, that would have created a MUCH bigger splash than what we see there. Not sure what the devs. were thinking but that does not look real at all. Would have been nice to see the water splash on the camera, making the scene much more realistic.
December 3, 2009 5:37:54 PM

OvrClkr said:
LoL , then what is the point?

And the fact that in that one scene where the rally car hits the water, that would have created a MUCH bigger splash than what we see there. Not sure what the devs. were thinking but that does not look real at all. Would have been nice to see the water splash on the camera, making the scene much more realistic.

I find it amusing that the game has the AMD logo splash screen and is not fully supporting Nvidia hardware but no one is getting their panties in a twist and yet Batman AA which had the Nvida logo splash screen got lots of people on the hate bandwagon because it didn't fully support ATi/AMD hardware. [:mousemonkey]
December 3, 2009 5:47:13 PM

Yea no point in making a game that is supported by only one GPU manufacturer. I mean common this is ridiculous. I bet once jaydeejohn looks at this thread he will go all out =)
December 3, 2009 5:54:38 PM

OvrClkr said:
Yea no point in making a game that is supported by only one GPU manufacturer. I mean common this is ridiculous. I bet once jaydeejohn looks at this thread he will go all out =)

Well I did mention this in a similar thread over in the graphic section but it seems to have gone unnoticed.
December 11, 2009 5:45:34 AM

Mousemonkey said:
I find it amusing that the game has the AMD logo splash screen and is not fully supporting Nvidia hardware but no one is getting their panties in a twist and yet Batman AA which had the Nvida logo splash screen got lots of people on the hate bandwagon because it didn't fully support ATi/AMD hardware. [:mousemonkey]

Well the dominant brasnd is always easier to hit... just look at how people react to Microsoft (or as many of us here like to call it, "M$") :lol: 
December 11, 2009 12:28:51 PM

dirt 2 is really unrealistic
December 11, 2009 1:25:40 PM

Played the demo a few times last night and even on DX9 is looks pretty good....
December 11, 2009 7:36:11 PM

Yeah, I got the demo too a couple of days ago, runs very well on my GTX260 at 1920x1200 on XP.
I agree that it's not as 'realistic' (I use the term loosely) as NFS:Shift, it seems to be more like Grid - a bit of seriousness and a lot of fun. Easy to pick up and start playing.I like the Morocco track quite a bit. :) 
December 15, 2009 5:51:41 AM

Huh, I didn't know NFS: Shift was realistic :p  Does your driving game setup have all the works WelkyndStone? As in a wheel, pedals, and a bucket seat?
December 15, 2009 6:01:46 AM

IMO the game looks better than Shift, and the fact that Shift lags every now then with decent hardware. I have 0 lag while playing the demo....
!