steviemo03

Distinguished
May 20, 2003
can any one please help me ive iust put together a new pc turned it on formatted the hdrive and went into the bios set up changed the cpu speed exit and nothing!!! restarted and went to bios defaults and restarted went past the first beep and the asus logo, then the message `NTLDR MISSING` hit control alt delte and now i dont know what to do!!!!!!! mabey boot seq or something
asus a8vx-x
128mb gforce4 5200
80 gig baracuda
512 333 ddr

Have you cleared the CMOS, and reloaded the setup defaults?

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
If you want more peopel to respond;

A. Please post as much info as possible
and
B. DO NOT go posting in every forum!

<b>I am not a AMD fanboy.
I am not a Via fanboy.
I am not a ATI fanboy.
I AM a performance fanboy.
And a low price fanboy. :smile:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

vcv1122

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2003
"NTLDR MISSING" is an OS issue. Did you just install xp? For this is usually associated with trying to install xp over me. Go to Microsoft website and search the issue. Good luck.

You may need to LLF the hardrive and then do a clean install.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

mbacko1

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2003
Don't forget if you have the boot order setup to removable media before hdd, a non bootable floppy in the drive will cause this error. It sometimes happens if you are loading drivers off of a floppy or a BIOS and you forget about the disk.