Sign in with
Your question

Help with using ps2 controller on pc

Last response: in Video Games
December 1, 2009 6:16:18 PM

does anyone know if and how i can use a ps2 controller on my pc to play games. i have purchased an adapter but it doesn't seem to do anything. is there some way it needs to be installed or have i bought the wrong thing? i am using windows vista and the game is euro truck simulator. any help would be much appreciated.

More about : ps2 controller

December 1, 2009 7:50:02 PM

Double posting is dumb. fyi.
December 1, 2009 7:54:38 PM

no need... i have only just joined 2day, and i couldnt find where my 1st posting was and thought i had deleted it. beginners mistake and certainly doesnt deserve bad attitude like that!!!
Related resources
December 1, 2009 8:01:37 PM

welcome to the internet. but I do remember seeing an adapter for what you are looking for, I just cannot remember what it's called. But it does exist. You could buy the xbox360 usb controller for the PC.
December 1, 2009 8:05:07 PM

thank you. i do have an adapter which says usb for ps2 to ps3 which can connect 2 my laptop but i cant get it to work. any ideas?
December 1, 2009 8:09:25 PM

i'd suggest googling the brand of the adapter, and see if you can find drivers for it.
December 1, 2009 8:12:15 PM

akratos said:
i'd suggest googling the brand of the adapter, and see if you can find drivers for it.

Agreed, also did it not come with a driver disc?
Secondly, not all games are compatible with joypads, but you could try Pinnacle Game Profiler. I TRIED it with CoD4, works well, but can't compare to a keyboard and mouse in that particular situation.
December 1, 2009 8:18:45 PM

go into control panel and click on game controllers and see if it detects your button presses. If it doesnt your adapter probably is broken.
!