Help with using ps2 controller on pc

does anyone know if and how i can use a ps2 controller on my pc to play games. i have purchased an adapter but it doesn't seem to do anything. is there some way it needs to be installed or have i bought the wrong thing? i am using windows vista and the game is euro truck simulator. any help would be much appreciated.
7 answers Last reply
More about help controller
  1. Double posting is dumb. fyi.
  2. no need... i have only just joined 2day, and i couldnt find where my 1st posting was and thought i had deleted it. beginners mistake and certainly doesnt deserve bad attitude like that!!!
  3. welcome to the internet. but I do remember seeing an adapter for what you are looking for, I just cannot remember what it's called. But it does exist. You could buy the xbox360 usb controller for the PC.
  4. thank you. i do have an adapter which says usb for ps2 to ps3 which can connect 2 my laptop but i cant get it to work. any ideas?
  5. i'd suggest googling the brand of the adapter, and see if you can find drivers for it.
  6. akratos said:
    i'd suggest googling the brand of the adapter, and see if you can find drivers for it.

Agreed, also did it not come with a driver disc?
    Secondly, not all games are compatible with joypads, but you could try Pinnacle Game Profiler. I TRIED it with CoD4, works well, but can't compare to a keyboard and mouse in that particular situation.
  7. go into control panel and click on game controllers and see if it detects your button presses. If it doesnt your adapter probably is broken.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming PlayStation Controller Video Games