How do I get rid of WinXP logon screen at boot u

August 16, 2005 9:16:26 AM

How do I get rid of the windows logon screen .For some unknown reason
to me the screen stareds when I boot up requiring that I click on my
name in order to complete booting......TIA

Flipper
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 2:52:01 PM

Hi

Download TweakUI from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/... and
when installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI - then go to
Logon>Autologon

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"OleDawg" <flipperf@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:D lb3g1pm0l7uqqsngadksm15iblt4nf37i@4ax.com...
> How do I get rid of the windows logon screen .For some unknown reason
> to me the screen stareds when I boot up requiring that I click on my
> name in order to complete booting......TIA
>
> Flipper
August 16, 2005 10:32:24 PM

Did you try deleting all users and creating a new user (you)?

!