Game's profiles/data on multiple computer?

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
I have 1 desktop and 1 laptop, that i play the same games on. I use my desktop when i am home and use the laptop when I am mobile.

So games with campaigns ect.. I need to copy them back and forth if when ever i switch between the two.

I was thinking about a syncing program or something.

Does anyone have any ideas.

r_manic

Administrator
For which games in particular? For many, it's a simple matter of backing up the entire saved games directory. The problem is that other games use the registry for saved games, which make the backing up process more problematic.

The only syncing solution I know of related to game settings is Steam's Cloud. However, as mentioned it only covers settings AFAIK.

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
All of my games Burnout Paradise, Homeworld2 Age of the Empires 3 ect.. just use folders not registry. But some are in hidden folders, like Burnout is in my Appdata folder somewhere.

So do you know of a good syncing program that might help?

r_manic

Administrator
Well, perhaps you can just simply use your typical syncing software. Just make sure you set those folder to be updated whenever you move to the other computer. Not sure if this can be done online though, you might to bring around an external hard drive?

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Yeah that sounds like my best option so far.
I have Hamachi running on both computers so if they are on and have an internet connection, they are away connected to each other. so that isn't a problem