personificator

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2003
Hello, I have 3 computers with XP ghosted on to them. And they were working fine up until recently when they stopped displaying all at once. I've switched monitors and have found no problems with them. I have switched video cards (AGP to PCI) and have found no problems with them, I have also reset the bios which leads to me to believe that the ROM bios is corrupt (is that even possible). Please help, there is no way of flashing the bios because the comp doesn't boot of the A:\, but it clearly boots. I have tried everything, if anybody has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Computers don't make errors, humans do.

The only successful way to Ghost XP onto three computers and get it to work at all is they'd have to be three identical computers, no differences at all. If its a legal copy of XP how'd you get past the activation time limit, that may be your problem right now. Only Ghost 2002 and 2003 will successfully clone WinXP anyway, are you running a legal or illegal copy of XP?

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
press F2 durring boot up to enter the bios and change the boot order...i beleive the latest bios is P16 (i own the mobo) however this does not sound like a bios issue if it boots. In the bios get rid of the cheesy intel splash screen so that you can see if it failing the memory count or not detecting a HD. Could you explain more in depth what the problem is.

On a final not be EXTREMELY careful when flashing the bios on this board, the bios rom is not removable and soldered directly to the motherboard.

Good luck

Proud owner of DOS 3.3 :smile:

personificator

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2003
Yes, I understand the risk involved in bios flashing. I wish that this problem was a simple boot order. You see, I'm am not able to even see the bios setup. That is the problem, there is no video output. No splash screen, nothing. I have tried replacing video cards and monitors and get nothing. (These are tested and working devices)
Have you ever heard of a problem like this. And happening at the same time to 3 identical machines? I haven't.

lunitic

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2003
So if I understand correctly you have 3 identical systems which decided to quit at the same moment. Are these systems at the same location, if so and are there any other systems around there? Is there anything more in common with these 3 systems which make them unique from any other system, like they are on a private network? If those 3 systems are at the same location a power spike seems the most likely.

personificator

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2003
Yes, these systems are all identical to other systems in a room on the same network. I would have to say that you would be right about the power spike, because now that I think about it we did have some power outages there. Thanks for the suggestion.
But I guess this means my mobo's are fried. Can you think of anything else? I can't.
Thanks again

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
try changing the powersupply...i doubt the mobo died, normally powerspikes kill the powersupply, or cause it to put out "dirty" power.

Proud owner of DOS 3.3 :smile:

TRENDING THREADS