gameing on a flat screen?

G

Hello all.
I was wondering if gameing on a flat screen is possible?
I play alot of Q3 and CounterStrik and such, and I am buying a new computer and want a flat screen. What are the essential tech specs for gameing? is it response speed and hz ? I have located screens with response time around 25 and 1024*768@75hz.
I am not satisfied with an "ok" screen, I want a flat screen that is nearly equal to a crt one and I am willing to pay for it. Does anyone have experiense with flat screens and fps games?
Best regards
dodgy

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
If you are looking at top screens try the Eizo 771 with a native resolution of 1600x1200... Simply sweet, although I've yet to hook it up to my GEforce Ultra for gaming trials...

-Your Comany Names Could Be Here-
e-mail for application details.

G

Response time is the most crucial thing. 25ms is a very good response time. You should not see any ghosting with that. Make sure to use a video card and monitor with DVI connections or else you will get screen jitter. With those two things I think you will be very happy.

John Garrett
System Admin - www.elementk.com
Editor - Exploring Windows NT Professional

G

I've recently moved from an Viewsonic 21" monitor to an LCD, also by Viewsonic (VP181). I have loved this monitor ever since I got it. There is a slight ghosting when playing Unreal Tournament but the picture is very good. Note that I am still using this monitor in analog mode, I am waiting for a new GeForece3 card with a DVI out port on it. I don't have any idea what the reaction time is on this monitor, if anyone can post it I would like to know. I was concerned how it would work in gaming before I finally went and ordered one but now I am really glad I did. Games like Halflife, Quake3 and other 1st Person shooters are also very playable.

rd382

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2001
Your crazy man that Eizo 771 costs $4,000, crazyness!!

Im looking fora nice 18" or 19" for gaming looking for something GOOD around $1300 or $1500

NOTE: Im going to use this with a GForce 3

7-|3 ^^4|\ \\[7-| 7-|3 8[9 57[<< 4[\\4`/5 \\[|\5....

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
I use a 771 at work, and it is okay for office. Want to borrow it and hoot it up to my Ge Ultra and see what it is like.

I use a 21"@ 1600x1200 at home right now and I don't think I could stomach going back to 1280x1024. I was considering the SGI, which has a 1600x1024 - sounds promising and it's a good name. I think it's black too...

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

G

I've been looking at the LCD monitors on e-bay recently. They come up a lot everyday and sell for cheap usually around ~350- 500 for the 15" and about 800 for the 17, 18 inchers. I know some of them are refurbished, I don't know if y'all are comfortable buying refurbished, I figure it's fixed, and they come with a year warranty. Some are NEW though. You can check it out if you'd like ;)

It's better to be pissed off than pissed on :)

G

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
If $4000 is a bit high on the price tag, try the princeton Senura Series. I am using one right now for gaming, they r okay. But the res only goes up to 1024x768. If u want a LCD with 1600x1200, u will probably need around $2000-3000.

TRENDING THREADS