Stickin to th man/bill gates

dwayne h

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
do you think its possible to use a wirless n adapter to xbox 360?i have a netgear wnr1000 router,ok im on a budget stick with me here.suppose i configured a wireless adapter on my computer then stick it in my xbox 360 where thir 100.00 n adapter goes .ican get a wirless n adpter on newegg for like 40.00 the one that laptop and computers use. the xbox360 has a usb next to the ethernet port for thir 100.00 dollare adapter as for firmware im lost...microsoft should have an update for thir new wirless n adapter.

Solution
you can bridge a conection.

here in NZ an official xbox wirelss adapter costs 188 dollars, while a wireless ethernet bridge costs 40.

definetly not the same.

but a standard usb wireless adapter wont work, since its usb iut needs to be supported by the OS. the xbox wont, since they want you to pay extra for propriatary hardware.

you can either hook your xbox up to your pc via ethernet, and (assuming your pc has wirelss capabilities) brisge the two connections.

or get an ethernet bridge. here in NZ they are most definetly cheaper than official adapters.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
or use a wireless ethernet bridge like i do.

much cheaper than an official wi-fi adapter, but just as effective.

im not sure if the device you're talking about is one of those, an 'adapter' would generally be sued to adapt something, so im not sure what you need. but a wirelss bridge works fine.

dwayne h

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009

well from the looks of it a wireless bridge cost as much as the adapter.i dont have any wireless devices just my router,the thing im talking about is a wireless n dongle/adapter the thing you use when you computer doesent have a wirless pci card. it goes in the usb port i know you can hook your 360 up to a laptop to make it wirless seen it done on youtube..ps im trying to use my routers wireless n ability...

welshmousepk

Distinguished
you can bridge a conection.

here in NZ an official xbox wirelss adapter costs 188 dollars, while a wireless ethernet bridge costs 40.

definetly not the same.

but a standard usb wireless adapter wont work, since its usb iut needs to be supported by the OS. the xbox wont, since they want you to pay extra for propriatary hardware.

you can either hook your xbox up to your pc via ethernet, and (assuming your pc has wirelss capabilities) brisge the two connections.

or get an ethernet bridge. here in NZ they are most definetly cheaper than official adapters.

Solution