2 operating sytems... need help

I am trying to fix my computer... first there are to copies of "Windows XP
Professional" installed on it... i want to know how to get rid of one...
however i would prefer to know how to reformat the entire drive to have
nothing on the computer and the I can do a fresh install of the operating
system... another problem she has is that she can not adjust the "screen
resolution"... she is stuck at 640x480.... she also cannot adjust the "color
quality" which is set to "medium 16"... any help would be appreciated....

Hi,

Boot the system with the WinXP CD and start setup. At the point where you
choose the installation location, instead delete the existing system
partition. Then create a new one from the free space, format and proceed.
This will remove the existing parallel installation and allow you to create
a clean one.

Note: Do not have the system connected to the internet during setup, as
there are many viruses that can infect the system before the firewall is in
place.

As to the video problem, she likely needs to install the proper supporting
display drivers before she will have options to change the resolution.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"jaescotia" <jaescotia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to fix my computer... first there are to copies of "Windows XP
> Professional" installed on it... i want to know how to get rid of one...
> however i would prefer to know how to reformat the entire drive to have
> nothing on the computer and the I can do a fresh install of the operating
> system... another problem she has is that she can not adjust the "screen
> resolution"... she is stuck at 640x480.... she also cannot adjust the
> "color
> quality" which is set to "medium 16"... any help would be appreciated....

XP Clean Install explained here

Regards
Mark Dormer
How to ask a newsgroup question: