My telnet port (which is 23,as i think)is open.Is it good to leave it
like that?And if not, how should i close it.I use Xp pro?Thanks

--
alderessy

Malke

alderessy wrote:

> My telnet port (which is 23,as i think)is open.Is it good to leave it
> like that?And if not, how should i close it.I use Xp pro?Thanks

Do you use Telnet for anything? If you don't, close the port and disable
the service. Telnet is considered insecure because it sends passwords
in plain text. Most people use ssh or Putty (Windows).

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers