GFWL vs Steam

cappster

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
The move by Microsoft will put the company in direct competition with Steam from Valve, which is the dominant digital distribution platform for the PC at the moment. According to our sources, Microsoft is hopeful that the unique look and feel (when combined with the Games for Windows Live experience) will work in the company's favor and have customers choosing their service when purchasing PC game downloads.

More at the link

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/16691/1/

I know I will not be purchasing anything Games For Windows Live has to offer unless it is an exclusive and something I really want like I had to when I purchased DLC for Fallout 3. If MS wants to use that stupid "points" system then I think that is a turn off for many PC gamers. I love using steam and see no reason to switch over. Competition is always good, but I am always weary when MS starts putting their hands in something as the have quite a bit of influence. What do you guys think?

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
The more companies doing this the better. EADM is another one everybody wants to warn against, yet I've recently found that in some cases I prefer getting my games from them over Steam (and I love Steam). Steam may be the best overall but as more companies try their hand at this some are inevitably going to do some things better than Steam which will mean improvements for everybody.