Bud

I get a message saying Real Player cannot play an mp3 file becsuse of a
missing pngu3266.dll ehich it cannot find. I have downloaded a file by
that name but don't know where to place it where Real Player will look
for it. Any suggestion will be warmly appreciated.

TIA

Try %windir%\System32 or C:\WINDOWS\System32

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:e8Pa5S6oFHA.3244@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Bud <buddy@nutz.C0M> hunted and pecked:
> I get a message saying Real Player cannot play an mp3 file becsuse of a
> missing pngu3266.dll ehich it cannot find. I have downloaded a file by
> that name but don't know where to place it where Real Player will look
> for it. Any suggestion will be warmly appreciated.
>
> TIA

Bud

Wesley Vogel wrote:
> Try %windir%\System32 or C:\WINDOWS\System32

I had tried it in Windows\System32\dllcache to no benefit. Moving it
into System32 caused me to not get the error message but Real Player
won't play it. I can get it to open and play in Windows Media Player
so I guess I will just change that be the default player for mp3 files.
Two other players I have can't read the header on the file either.
Real Player doesn't give me the message that it can't open the file. It
just fails.

Bud,

I do not and will not have Real anything on my machine. That said, see if
you have any of these folders. If you do copy and paste pngu3266.dll from
WINDOWS\System32 to each one that you do have.
Program Files\Common Files\Shared Files\RealVideo
Program Files\Common Files\Real\Common
Program Files\Real\RealPlayer

If that doesn't work, uninstall Real Player and reinstall, making sure that
you have the latest version.
http://www.real.com/realsuperpass.html/?pcode=rn&rsrc=header&cpath=realhomeg&src=realhomeg_20050819

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.