Taskbar problem

I have dragged my taskbar up to enlarge it and now cannot reduce it to it's
original dimension again.
It seems to be locked at aproximately twice it's normal size, even though I
have NOT turned on
the "lock the Taskbar" setting.

Anyone able to tell me how to fix this?
2 answers Last reply
More about taskbar problem

    First, unlock the Taskbar (right-click on Taskbar, uncheck
    "Lock the Taskbar")

    Click and drag the separator bar over to the right of the Taskbar
    (It's the separator that looks like four dots and then three dots
    running side by side vertically). It seems to allow you to create a
    double-decker effect with the Taskbar. Once you drag the lower one to
    the right of the Taskbar, it allows you to resize the Taskbar.

    Alternative:

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Dumb Bunny" wrote:

    | I have dragged my taskbar up to enlarge it and now cannot reduce it to it's
    | original dimension again.
    | It seems to be locked at aproximately twice it's normal size, even though I
    | have NOT turned on
    | the "lock the Taskbar" setting.
    |
    | Anyone able to tell me how to fix this?

    Great tip Carey. Many thanks!! (Dumb Bunny)

    > First, unlock the Taskbar (right-click on Taskbar, uncheck
    > "Lock the Taskbar")
    >
    > Click and drag the separator bar over to the right of the Taskbar
    > (It's the separator that looks like four dots and then three dots
    > running side by side vertically). It seems to allow you to create a
    > double-decker effect with the Taskbar. Once you drag the lower one to
    > the right of the Taskbar, it allows you to resize the Taskbar.
    >
    > Alternative:
    >
    > Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
    >
    > [Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Dumb Bunny" wrote:
    >
    > | I have dragged my taskbar up to enlarge it and now cannot reduce it to
    > it's
    > | original dimension again.
    > | It seems to be locked at aproximately twice it's normal size, even
    > though I
    > | have NOT turned on
    > | the "lock the Taskbar" setting.
    > |
    > | Anyone able to tell me how to fix this?