Cheapest top-name nForce APU board.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Have another client looking for an AMD board. Doesn't want to invest in a good soundcard but would love good 3D. What model from Abit, Asus, Epox, Gigabyte, or MSI?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
They offerthe same APU and Realtek DAC on board, makes no difference. Among them I would recommend Asus A7N8X Deluxe which has both the coaxial digital and RCA multi-channel connection. Speaker/reciever with coaxial is easier to find in coax instead of optical like Abit NF7-S. Asus has better overclockability than MSI K7N2-Delta ILSR while Gigabyte 7NNXP Pro is the most expensive nForce2. Epox 8RDA+ doesn't have S/PDIF on board. So is either Asus or MSI. If your customer only wants analogue audio and overclockability, then Abit NF7-S would be cheaper.

Me fail English? That's Unpossible!
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>

lunitic

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2003
MSI has 6 channel audio. Digital audio (spdif) is optional. My MSI boards runs pretty well, it's not ocing very well but that may also be the memory I have. The north bridge gets quite hot (it has no fan). The IDE connectors are at the bottom of the mobo which makes running IDE cables to top bays difficult. Otherwise a decent board.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
This message is only bolded to catch the attention of other respondants, don't take it too harshly:

<b>Did I say anything about S/PDIF? Did I ask about digital connections at all? Did I say anything about 6 channel audio? NO! These people want a solid 3D sound processor for their simple analog 4.1 sound system! It's a performance issue, they don't want to burden the CPU doing sound processing! <font color=red>WHY DIDN'T I TELL YOU THAT TO BEGIN WITH? BECAUSE IT'S IMPERTANENT TO THE QUESTION AT HAND, THE QUESTION WAS, WHO HAS THE CHEAPEST nFORCE APU BOARD!</font color=red></b>

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

G

[crying]Dang, Crashman, you didn't have to yell[/crying]

LoL :wink:

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
ABIT NF7-S v2.0

----------------
<b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86" target="_new">My Website</A></b>

<b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86/myrig.html" target="_new">My Rig & 3DMark score</A></b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Thank you!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hmmm, OK!