Status
Not open for further replies.

xxcysxx

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
i just got this cpu less than two weeks ago and have an itch for the newer 3770k ivy bridge, i know its dumb, but it's an itch. anyway, newegg wouldn't take it back, so if anyone can use this cpu please shoot me a pm and take it off my hands.

the cpu is removed from the box and mounted but barely used. it was intended for a gaming project that is not yet finished. i don't even have the video card yet, i was holding out for the 680 or 690 when it became available, and surprisingly i decided to not hold out for the ivy bridge. so it's just mounted on the main board and power up to run memtest 86 to test my rams, but that's it.

i'm not new around here, but i hardly post as i just lurk around and reads. but i very active in another forums and make very frequent trades there if you need to see my feedback.

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t373599p1/

thanks for looking everyone

xxcysxx

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
considering the cpu is relatively new, but it is also considered used since i did handle it, and i know i wouldn't be able to get back what i just recently paid for it, since that's just senseless as you can just buy it brand new for that price. after all this is a classified forum and we are all here for a great deal. so just shoot me your generous offer though a private pm and i'll see if i can work with it. but please don't beat me down too bad.

furthermore, i will pass you my invoice, or original purchase receipt for warranty purposes.

thanks

xxcysxx

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
just a shameless bump.
i can do $310 shipped folks. this thing is a little over two weeks old and i barely used it. just had a change of heart after i ordered it, that's all.

thanks for looking.

xcomvic

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
It is VERY used. You put it into a system. No one has any IDEA of the actual condition of the CPU or if you've overclocked it.

If Newegg wouldn't take it back..there's a good reason:)

You'll be lucky to get $200.00 for it. Ivy Bridge is around that price. They might as well BUY that!

DKizzy

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010

Ivy coming out does diminsh the value of the 2700k, for obvious reasons. There is a reason that you got an 'itch', the same 'itch' everyone else has lol. My guess is that you didn't realize Ivy Bridge was launching and then you went "oh crap" lol. But anyway I can't see this going for more than $260 personally. As for the egg not taking it back I'm not sure what their policy is but my presumption is they would only take a return if it was still sealed. The problem is you can pay less and essentially get the same performance from a 3570k, so unless someone is trying to take this cpu extremely cold there is less interest to grab one of these. I paid $240 for a 2600k and that was 3 months ago.

xxcysxx

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
oh well, i knew it was a long shot, but thought i should try.
i'll just hang on to it for a while until the enthusiast edition ivy bridge comes out next year and i'll stuff this cpu and its main board in my old built.

i would have waited little longer for the ivy bridge if i know it was release in may. but seriously, i thought it was going to be release sometime in september, and i wanted to play some video games this summer. that's why i jump the gun and grab this cpu.

DKizzy

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
ivy is only 10% faster, you won't really notice a huge difference. the key upgrades were the integrated gpu and the tri-gate transistors. The CPU uses less wattage but runs hotter when oc'd. I don't think you'd notice the slight speed difference.

DryCreamer

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
I doubt PCI-E 3 makes THAT big of a real world difference with current generation gaming... Of course, I haven't seen any benchmarks to prove anything, has Tom's done any?

Dry

airdeano

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
TTL and Linus has and found 8-15% increase, but the gains were all over the board and both really wasn't jumping up and down to sell everything to get pci-e 3.0. only a handful of graphic cards can make use of the new technology. and for the headache, cost and panic most on gen 1 and SB should stay put, while 775 and AMD changeovers could use the new tech.

airdeano

DKizzy

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010

yeah my bad for not mentioning the pci 3.0 support but it doesn't seem like a profound increase at this point in time. PCI-E 2.0 is widely adopted now so it won't be going anywhere for several years. Enjoy your machine for 2-3 years and then hop up :sol:

xxcysxx

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
well, how about $285, and i'll eat paypal fees and shipping cost. the cpu is barely used as my built is incomplete. it is not over clocked either as someone has assumed it on me.

thanks all for the replies. this whole ordeal has made me sick to my stomach. i'm out.

DKizzy

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
I don't think it should upset you this much. Besides the pci 3 support, you're not going to see a huge difference since they are of the same architecture

Status
Not open for further replies.