Cannot drag ie to taskbar

WindowsXP

Taskbar is not locked. I want to drag the ie icon to the taskbar and it will
not. I do not want to create a seperate toolbar to put on one icon.
5 answers Last reply
More about cannot drag taskbar

    Sorry, you'll need to create a toolbar. Then you can lock the taskbar and
    the toolbar handles will disappear, making it look as though the icon is
    sitting directly on the taskbar.

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "HT" <dkafd@akjdf.com> wrote in message
    > WindowsXP
    >
    > Taskbar is not locked. I want to drag the ie icon to the taskbar and it
    will
    > not. I do not want to create a seperate toolbar to put on one icon.

    "HT" <dkafd@akjdf.com> wrote in message
    > WindowsXP
    >
    > Taskbar is not locked. I want to drag the ie icon to the taskbar and
    > it will not. I do not want to create a seperate toolbar to put on one
    > icon.

    Right click the taskbar and select Toolbars and check Quick Launch.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    HT wrote:

    > WindowsXP
    >
    > Taskbar is not locked. I want to drag the ie icon to the taskbar and
    > it will not. I do not want to create a seperate toolbar to put on one
    > icon.

    If I'm undewrstanding you correctly, you can *not* do what you want. The
    task bar contains icons for running programs. If you want an icon to be able
    to start IE, it can not be on the taskbar.

    However such an icon *can* be on the Quick Launch Bar, and the Quick Launch
    Bar usually (but not necessarily) resides on the task bar. But that Quick
    LaunchBar *is* a separate toolbar, and you said you don't want to do this.

    --
    Ken Blake
    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:27:38 -0700, Ken Blake wrote:

    > HT wrote:
    >
    > > WindowsXP
    > >
    > > Taskbar is not locked. I want to drag the ie icon to the taskbar and
    > > it will not. I do not want to create a seperate toolbar to put on one
    > > icon.
    >

    > If I'm undewrstanding you correctly, you can *not* do what you want. The
    > task bar contains icons for running programs. If you want an icon to be able
    > to start IE, it can not be on the taskbar.
    >
    > However such an icon *can* be on the Quick Launch Bar, and the Quick Launch
    > Bar usually (but not necessarily) resides on the task bar. But that Quick
    > LaunchBar *is* a separate toolbar, and you said you don't want to do this.

    If IE is the only program in Quick Launch it will be on the taskbar by
    default... I didn't know you could move it - where else would it be?
    I can see 3 icons in quick launch w/o actually enlarging it and quick
    launch sits on my taskbar.

    That said, I stayed with the last version of Office because I still
    LOVE having the MS Office Toolbar to place much used icons on and I
    still don't understand why it was eliminated.

    sf wrote:

    > On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:27:38 -0700, Ken Blake wrote:
    >
    >> HT wrote:
    >>
    >> > WindowsXP
    >> >
    >> > Taskbar is not locked. I want to drag the ie icon to the taskbar
    >> and > it will not. I do not want to create a seperate toolbar to
    >> put on one > icon.
    >>

    >> If I'm undewrstanding you correctly, you can *not* do what you
    >> want. The task bar contains icons for running programs. If you want
    >> an icon to be able to start IE, it can not be on the taskbar.
    >>
    >> However such an icon *can* be on the Quick Launch Bar, and the
    >> Quick Launch Bar usually (but not necessarily) resides on the task
    >> bar. But that Quick LaunchBar *is* a separate toolbar, and you said
    >> you don't want to do this.
    >
    > If IE is the only program in Quick Launch it will be on the taskbar by
    > default...

    The Quick Launch is on the taskbar by default, regardless of how many icons
    are in the Quick Launch Bar. My point, however, is that it's still the Quick
    Launch Bar, not the Task Bar. He did say he didn't want a separate toolbar
    (which the Quick Launch Bar is) but wanted it directly on the Task Bar,
    which isn't possible.

    > I didn't know you could move it - where else would it be?

    Wherever you want it. On this machine, for example, it's on the left side of
    the screen, where I put it.

    > I can see 3 icons in quick launch w/o actually enlarging it and quick
    > launch sits on my taskbar.
    >
    > That said, I stayed with the last version of Office because I still
    > LOVE having the MS Office Toolbar to place much used icons on and I
    > still don't understand why it was eliminated.

    Your choice of course, but if you like that Office toolbar, you might like
    having the Quick Launch Bar on one side of the screen just as much, or even
    more. I do.

    --
    Ken Blake
    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Taskbar Microsoft Internet Explorer Windows XP