COD MW2 runs slow but why??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkw4

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
hi , im having some sort of lagging problem with the new call of duty mw2, it seems certain scenes in this game cause extreme jerkieness, does anyone know why or experience the same problem?? my pc is more than upto it as it runs dragon age fine but this problem is beyond me.
it was getting jerky to the point it crashed untill i turned off the games shadows.,.this is the only game giving me problems.,,,
any info or advice is apreciated :D :D

thangbipbomz

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
ok. clock the shadows bullet impact until it says no
no no no no no no no to all of them
put your gfx to low low low try that. anti aliasting off

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
^^ Nah, I also got the same thing as him above. It was on a view missions that was outside, one of them being the mission on the streets of the U.S.

It just lagged like hell. Unexplained. It was on the E7400 - 9800GT - 2GB Ram and it was lagging to hell on medium settings.

It probbally needs an update or a bug perhaps. PS: I'm a little pissy that it was just a terrible console port, I just completed it and I couldn't tell you the ammount of times I had to restart a mission becuase I would get "stuck" randomly at one point and couldn't move.

Blah.

pkw4

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
ive just tried it on the lowest posible detail settings and im still getting the bad jerks..
im running an E5300(pentium dual core not c2duo) -9600GT-2GB ram, i was thinking it can't be my ram or anything to do with the hardware could it?
im using ddr2 667 as thats all my board supports without o/cing, 5-5-5-15 timing.
its really bugging me as it tends to happen in places it needs to run smooth to get through :??:

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
^ Trust me. I'm thinking its the game thats just bugged. It happened to me too. The U.S.A missions where the worse ones. Everything else was fine.

The strange thing is, I was only running it at 1024x768 medium.

pkw4

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
right ,..problem has been solved..you have to (in nvidia control panel) set the pre-rendered frames to "0" from the default of "3", this takes the strain off the cpu and free's up the systems memory bandwidth by making the g.card do all the work (what its designed for). :D :D :pt1cable:

hitraj 47

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
Theres a pretty good article on easily speeding MW2 up here:

http://fastpcmods.com/gaming/speed-up-cod-modern-warfare-2

Not a bad article I guess. But all it really tells you to do is turn the graphics settings down and we all know, it applies to every game it increases performance.

The thing is, the other posters in this thread should as well as myself should be able to play this game smoothly. In fact, I should be able to play this game maxed out. My specs are an E8400, 4GB RAM and 2x 4870's CF and yet I get stuttering too, yet my computer runs Crysis, Dragon Age, SHIFT and others smoothly (all maxed out, of course).

Is IW aware that people are experiencing these problems?

pkw4

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
ive no idea why it does it but i know my pc should hammer this game @1600x1200, half the time im running over 70fps and then stutter lagg jerkk, the pre renderd frame only fixes most of the lag for nvidia cards but then i shouldnt have to mess with my settings to get 1 game working as all others are fine, only prob with pre render set to 0 is it relies on the g.card heavily resulting in a slight frame rate drop.

i run dragon age, crysis and nfs shift at playabe fps with the odd setting turned down,,,damn i even run colin mcrae dirt 2 demo set to ultra @1600x1200 with min frame rate of 30 and avrg of 46fps, there is definitely a bug in the engine as "godbrother" says.

G

Well it a seems that most people on here only have 2gb ram get a beter comp not graphics card ATM I run 8gb.

MiKEARN

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
I have the same problem and it's really bugging me.

My comp:
Core i5-750 @ 2,66 Ghz (quadcore)
Radeon HD4890 DRR5 (1GB)
4GB Memory DDR3 @ 1333Mhz
24mbit internet connection

EVERY MAP runs smooth except for; Favela, Highrise, Estate & Rundown. It's NOT the internet or the online session itself that laggs, its the GRAPHICS at specific places in these four maps named above. I've tried running it on ALL LOW graphics, still the same lagg as with the HIGHEST graphics. I've also tried MEDIUM, but still no progress. I have no Anti-Virus blocking anything, and I only have the standard windows firewall active, but it allows the game of course. Drivers are up to date.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on?

Bumm779

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Hello,
I've also problems with codmw2. I start the game really fluently graphics but after 1 minute of play, the quality of the video decrease a lot so i can't play (about one frames per 4 seconds).

This is my hardware:

Core i7 (quadcore)
Gforce gt230m
4GB Memory DDR3
24mbit internet connection

Is it possible?
What's wrong?

I've tried to set all graph settings low but the problem remains.

Please let me have a solution.

Thanks in advance

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
@bumm779 if it starts out fine then goes down, its usually an overheating problem. but im not sure if your video card can handle the game.

razercultmember1

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
ambient occlusion off
anisotropic filtering off
gamma correction on
antialiasing ALL OFF
Max pre rendered 3-should help a bit
single display performance mode
anisotropic sample optimization on
negative LOD bias allow
Texture filtering high performance
trilinear optimization on
threaded optimization on
triple buffering off
vsync off

i can run mw2 on my gt240m

and urs has double my cuda cores

ukcal

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
At the risk of repeating what others have said, I think it is more dependent on the action of the scene. The USA missions, they were awful. I waited inside a building, looking around the building, about 60FPS avg. Went outside, 20 - 25FPS average.

Same thing happens with smoke grenades, eats my FPS like hell.
E7300 @ 3.2Ghz
9600GT
4Gb RAM

So yeah, similar specs as well. I know that doesn't really solve your problem, I don't think there is a solution as such, other than to lower the settings if it gets too much of a problem. I run it maxxed out, so I guess I was asking for it!

G

Dudes I have the same issue, it's just my loading time takes so long, I have the HD 5970, I don't know what the issue is. It loads faster with my onboard graphics card... :pt1cable:

pkw4

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
i havent had a problem with it since latest directx and latest drivers, i also no longer have the 9600gt as i now have an 8800gt.. i have noticed radeons take a tad longer to load in certain games (probrably texture format) but it shouldnt be to much difference,,most likely down to the hdd though

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS