i cannot get telnet to connect to any thing! is it usable in Windows
Xp or do i have to do something different or are there different
setting to change before i start telnetting? i just cant understand
it really i am confused

Malke

andrew_Playford wrote:

> i cannot get telnet to connect to any thing! is it usable in Windows
> Xp or do i have to do something different or are there different
> setting to change before i start telnetting? i just cant understand
> it really i am confused

Is the Telnet service running? Most people have it disabled for security
reasons. Does your firewall or router block the Telnet port (23, I
believe)?

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Why are you trying to use telnet?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

andrew_Playford wrote:
> i cannot get telnet to connect to any thing! is it usable in Windows
> Xp or do i have to do something different or are there different
> setting to change before i start telnetting? i just cant understand
> it really i am confused

because i want to access my shell account but it wont connect to any
thing, my firewall isnt blocking it coz i have disabled that and
Telnet is set up properly... damm windows never had no trouble with
Linux!!

andrew_Playford wrote:
> because i want to access my shell account but it wont connect to any
> thing, my firewall isnt blocking it coz i have disabled that and
> Telnet is set up properly... damm windows never had no trouble with
> Linux!!

So much for the rant?

If you have a specific problem, please post back with as many details as possible and someone here may be able to help.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/