Telnet?

i cannot get telnet to connect to any thing! is it usable in Windows
Xp or do i have to do something different or are there different
setting to change before i start telnetting? i just cant understand
it really i am confused
4 answers Last reply
More about telnet

    andrew_Playford wrote:

    > i cannot get telnet to connect to any thing! is it usable in Windows
    > Xp or do i have to do something different or are there different
    > setting to change before i start telnetting? i just cant understand
    > it really i am confused

    Is the Telnet service running? Most people have it disabled for security
    reasons. Does your firewall or router block the Telnet port (23, I
    believe)?

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Why are you trying to use telnet?
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    andrew_Playford wrote:
    > i cannot get telnet to connect to any thing! is it usable in Windows
    > Xp or do i have to do something different or are there different
    > setting to change before i start telnetting? i just cant understand
    > it really i am confused

    because i want to access my shell account but it wont connect to any
    thing, my firewall isnt blocking it coz i have disabled that and
    Telnet is set up properly... damm windows never had no trouble with
    Linux!!

    andrew_Playford wrote:
    > because i want to access my shell account but it wont connect to any
    > thing, my firewall isnt blocking it coz i have disabled that and
    > Telnet is set up properly... damm windows never had no trouble with
    > Linux!!

    So much for the rant?

    If you have a specific problem, please post back with as many details as possible and someone here may be able to help.

    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/