Installing Adaware

I want to install Adaware Personal SE. When I download it and want to run it,
in the upper left corner of the desktop, some small screen appears so fast
that you can not read it. The installation does not take place. I have Spy
Sweeper, Norton Antivirus,and Spybot installed. Will these interfer with the
installation?
--
lukie costanza

I'd suggest you close all those other apps, if they are running, just before you begin the setup of AdAware.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

lukie costanza wrote:
> I want to install Adaware Personal SE. When I download it and want to
> run it, in the upper left corner of the desktop, some small screen
> appears so fast that you can not read it. The installation does not
> take place. I have Spy Sweeper, Norton Antivirus,and Spybot
> installed. Will these interfer with the installation?

Hi,

Yes, they can interfere with installation. disable the other programs while
installing.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"lukie costanza" <lukiecostanza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to install Adaware Personal SE. When I download it and want to run
>it,
> in the upper left corner of the desktop, some small screen appears so fast
> that you can not read it. The installation does not take place. I have Spy
> Sweeper, Norton Antivirus,and Spybot installed. Will these interfer with
> the
> installation?
> --
> lukie costanza

Everyone installs in Safe Mode
=======================================
Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
=======================================

"lukie costanza" <lukiecostanza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to install Adaware Personal SE. When I download it and want to run
>it,
> in the upper left corner of the desktop, some small screen appears so fast
> that you can not read it. The installation does not take place. I have Spy
> Sweeper, Norton Antivirus,and Spybot installed. Will these interfer with
> the
> installation?
> --
> lukie costanza

Malke

LsuEdu@bellsouth.net wrote:

> Everyone installs in Safe Mode

Everyone installs what in Safe Mode? Ad-aware? Unless you are
specifically cleaning an infested machine, there is no reason to
install Ad-aware in Safe Mode.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

LsuEdu@bellsouth.net wrote:

> Everyone installs in Safe Mode

Not at all true. Installing in Safe mode isn't necessary, and isn't normally
done unless there's an existing specific infestation which interferes with a
normal insatallation.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

> "lukie costanza" <lukiecostanza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:8102F2DF-E8C2-4163-AE0C-7F8065CFA1D5@microsoft.com...
>> I want to install Adaware Personal SE. When I download it and want
>> to run it,
>> in the upper left corner of the desktop, some small screen appears
>> so fast that you can not read it. The installation does not take
>> place. I have Spy Sweeper, Norton Antivirus,and Spybot installed.
>> Will these interfer with the
>> installation?
>> --
>> lukie costanza

Not to mention that some programs won't install in safe mode.

D.Currie wrote:

> Not to mention that some programs won't install in safe mode.

True, but this thread is specifically about installing AdAware.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

>> LsuEdu@bellsouth.net wrote:
>>
>>> Everyone installs in Safe Mode
>>

>> Not at all true. Installing in Safe mode isn't necessary, and isn't
>> normally done unless there's an existing specific infestation which
>> interferes with a normal insatallation.
>>
>> --
>> Ken Blake
>> Please Reply to the Newsgroup
>>

>>> "lukie costanza" <lukiecostanza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>> message news:8102F2DF-E8C2-4163-AE0C-7F8065CFA1D5@microsoft.com...

It may be a combination of those..I've been able to install that same version
on my husband's laptop with Mcafee running without a problem and haven't done
it in Safe Mode. I also have spybt installed. I say turn off SpySweeper
before installing.

--
Mara Jade

Malke wrote:
> LsuEdu@bellsouth.net wrote:
>
> > Everyone installs in Safe Mode
>
> Everyone installs what in Safe Mode? Ad-aware? Unless you are
> specifically cleaning an infested machine, there is no reason to
> install Ad-aware in Safe Mode.

Troll alert, Malke.

Malke

PA Bear wrote:

> Malke wrote:
>> LsuEdu@bellsouth.net wrote:
>>
>> > Everyone installs in Safe Mode
>>
>> Everyone installs what in Safe Mode? Ad-aware? Unless you are
>> specifically cleaning an infested machine, there is no reason to
>> install Ad-aware in Safe Mode.
>
> Troll alert, Malke.

Thanks, m'dear. Isn't he the one who says he teaches computers and web
design at LSU and yet all his website images point to his hard drive? I
forget his name.

Malke
--

Malke wrote:
> PA Bear wrote:
>
> > Malke wrote:

> > > Everyone installs what in Safe Mode? Ad-aware? Unless you are
> > > specifically cleaning an infested machine, there is no reason to
> > > install Ad-aware in Safe Mode.
> >
> > Troll alert, Malke.
>
> Thanks, m'dear. Isn't he the one who says he teaches computers and web
> design at LSU and yet all his website images point to his hard drive? I
> forget his name.

One and the same, formerly known as TechEd.
--
~Robear

TRENDING THREADS