Tristram TP open right now (UberMeph)

agdhell game--Demi will keep game active as long as he can.

Send Help!!!

11:15 EDT

unklbob wrote:
> agdhell game--Demi will keep game active as long as he can.
>

> Send Help!!!
>
> 11:15 EDT

way too much lag for me--my conc barb with mega def and life went to
zero between breaks in the action. probably need a team with several
pallys (smiter, medic, whatever the hell that multi-elemental damage
resist aura is, the aura that knocks back the undead) a conc barb, a
necro spamming decrep on Meph, a few high physical damage ranged
shooters, hell maybe another half dozen other chars to boot!!

Someone will figure it out and like the clone killers, the proper
recipe will spread like wildfire.

Sean

Bruce Langdon wrote:
> unklbob wrote:
> > agdhell game--Demi will keep game active as long as he can.
> >

> > Send Help!!!
> >
> > 11:15 EDT
> >

> The game is empty other than me at the moment.
> You'll need to get a group together to have any chance.
> And it isn't just that the tristram portal is open.
> Uber D is dead. Uber Baal is dead. Uber meph is too much for any group
> we've managed to get together. Including 8 people at various times
> throught the day.
>
> I will try to hold it open as long as I can and answer question about
> how things work as we've figured out. (Assuming I'm not afk).
>
> I'm about to go get something for dinner so afk for a bit.
> I'll also need to go to bed at some point. I assume I'll eventually go
> poof if I idle long enough.

If it's not too much trouble, would somebody please find out hwo much
your resists go down by as a result of UMeph's conviction. I have heard
reports that it is -180.

Also, apparently, you don't get booted for being idle anymore. Heard
that over at the AB.

Has anybody used a summoner? IIRC, summoners against DC were
underpowered as the skels didn't last very long. I have read similar
reports against the Uber3. Have also heard that the minions summoned by
the U3 (5 immunities) cannot be "revived".

Go on, you know you want to ;)

Other people have given numbers like 170-180 over at the AB.

Pure speculation as I haven't gotten close to teh U3: I am starting to
think that a Wind Druid would be quite helpful. Provides an Oak Sage
and is well protected from the elements (Cyc Armour 1200+). He does
cold damage just by running around away from things (although
admittedly not much damage). His main attack is physical which is
apparently helpful. A lot of Windys have Stormshields so some physical
protection is there, especially if he also wears a SoE. He would just
seem like a good dependable guy to have around. Not enough raw damage I
guess.

"unklbob" <mcgriswald@aol.com> wrote in message

> unklbob wrote:
> > agdhell game--Demi will keep game active as long as he can.
> >

> > Send Help!!!
> >
> > 11:15 EDT
>
> way too much lag for me--my conc barb with mega def and life went to
> zero between breaks in the action. probably need a team with several
> pallys (smiter, medic, whatever the hell that multi-elemental damage
> resist aura is, the aura that knocks back the undead) a conc barb, a
> necro spamming decrep on Meph, a few high physical damage ranged
> shooters, hell maybe another half dozen other chars to boot!!
>
> Someone will figure it out and like the clone killers, the proper
> recipe will spread like wildfire.

Better a necro with 40 minions... best resistance there is in the game :)

Mickey

Hey Bruce, can you confirm that Meph and Baal don't need to be killed
to get the charm?

"chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Has anybody used a summoner? IIRC, summoners against DC were
> underpowered as the skels didn't last very long. I have read similar
> reports against the Uber3. Have also heard that the minions summoned by
> the U3 (5 immunities) cannot be "revived".

Not sure whose summoners these were. I took out the DC solo in an 8 player
game with my meatgrinder while filing my nails. My minions ate him alive,
and what damage they didn't do, all the bodies I made sure were around sure
as hell did.

Mickey

> Hey Bruce, can you confirm that Meph and Baal don't need to be killed
> to get the charm?

He said they did. I know several people who said they got theirs otherwise,
so perhaps Blizz did something serverside to force all three to be killed.

"Bruce Langdon" <brucerl@pacbell.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> unklbob wrote:
> > agdhell game--Demi will keep game active as long as he can.
> >

> > Send Help!!!
> >
> > 11:15 EDT
> >

> The game is empty other than me at the moment.
> You'll need to get a group together to have any chance.
> And it isn't just that the tristram portal is open.
> Uber D is dead. Uber Baal is dead. Uber meph is too much for any group
> we've managed to get together. Including 8 people at various times
> throught the day.

How did you get them down? As I was in game, we didn't had a chance!

Regards

Lumotar

"Bruce Langdon" <brucerl@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Celestine (shiftlet's enchantress?)

Not me, I don't have an enchantress and I don't play Ladder either, heh.

> Mickey wrote:
>
> > "chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>Has anybody used a summoner? IIRC, summoners against DC were
> >>underpowered as the skels didn't last very long. I have read similar
> >>reports against the Uber3. Have also heard that the minions summoned by
> >>the U3 (5 immunities) cannot be "revived".
> >

> > Not sure whose summoners these were. I took out the DC solo in an 8
player
> > game with my meatgrinder while filing my nails. My minions ate him
alive,
> > and what damage they didn't do, all the bodies I made sure were around
sure
> > as hell did.
> >
> > Mickey
>
> Hi Mickey!
>
> There were several different minion necros that attempted to go there
> with no luck.
>
> Several reasons why DC would be easier
> You could fight DC alone without other monsters around. Or at least the
> other monsters would be dead soon after you arrived. :)
> This allows every minion to attack DC and concentrate on him only.
> This also means that your meatwall keeps anything but ranged attacks
> from hitting you.
>
> On the Tristram level however, all your minions would find tons of other
> targets to keep them busy. No way to tell them to attack just meph.
> All the other things would be able to hit you if the minions weren't
> right around you.

Yes there is, actually. Teleport is your friend :)

> New monsters sprout up like weeds. Think King leoric in sp from d1.
> Only they sometimes sprout up in packs of 8 at a time and anywhere on
> the map.
> The good news is this would provide more sources for making skeletons of
> your own.

Oh, better yet, it allows me to use the games most powerful skill :)

> Meph has lower resist and nasty elemenetal attacks. Not sure how you
> protect your skeletons from elements. For instance with DC.
> I saw another post asking how much it lowers resists. I'll try to
> figure out an exact figure.
>
> Anyhow. I sure woudn't mind you trying. hehe

I wish I had a ladder necro right now. Real life (and poker) have conspired
to keep me off Diablo for a while now, but I expect to correct that
condition soon.

Mickey

"Mickey" <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
> "chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Has anybody used a summoner? IIRC, summoners against DC were
> > underpowered as the skels didn't last very long. I have read similar
> > reports against the Uber3. Have also heard that the minions summoned by
> > the U3 (5 immunities) cannot be "revived".
>
> Not sure whose summoners these were. I took out the DC solo in an 8 player
> game with my meatgrinder while filing my nails. My minions ate him alive,
> and what damage they didn't do, all the bodies I made sure were around
sure
> as hell did.

My plan to do this is to open a portal for cows in the same game, then my
summoner will come in with 13 skells, 7 mages and 19 revived cows, my fire
golem and my merc. And if they manage to fix it I have a peace (valk
summoning armor) for the merc to wear as well, but she wont wear it until
they fix the game crashing as the merc summons the valk. Tested as of
yesterday and the valk still crashed the game just after the merc summoned
it.

> Also, apparently, you don't get booted for being idle anymore. Heard
> that over at the AB.

You still get booted, but for much longer period (from AB or Dii.net, forgot
which)

In article <xfudnZ2dnZ1bzSLPnZ2dnUuMb9-dnZ2dRVn-052dnZ0@comcast.com>,
Mickey <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:
>"Bruce Langdon" <brucerl@pacbell.net> wrote in message

>> On the Tristram level however, all your minions would find tons of other
>> targets to keep them busy. No way to tell them to attack just meph.
>> All the other things would be able to hit you if the minions weren't
>> right around you.
>
>Yes there is, actually. Teleport is your friend :)

See my report(s) on downing Lilith; I think I have a necro that's pretty
close to your ideal build (see below for his stats), and Lilith was still
a bit of a problem: high life regen, and it also looks like she Teleported
away when the going got too tough, and I started detonating her minions
below and around her...

But the teleport on top, Decrepify her and let the merc take her down
worked quite nice.

I have no idea how Lilith compares to the other sub-Uber-Evils (Izual and
Duriel), hopefully others can fill this in.

>> New monsters sprout up like weeds. Think King leoric in sp from d1.
>> Only they sometimes sprout up in packs of 8 at a time and anywhere on
>> the map.
>> The good news is this would provide more sources for making skeletons of
>> your own.
>
>Oh, better yet, it allows me to use the games most powerful skill :)

Yeah, CE. I'm indeed curious if and how that would work in Uber-Tristram,
which is why I've tried to get into a Tristram-run yesterday-evening, but
did not succeed, unfortunately.

>> Anyhow. I sure woudn't mind you trying. hehe
>
>I wish I had a ladder necro right now. Real life (and poker) have conspired
>to keep me off Diablo for a while now, but I expect to correct that
>condition soon.

I'm curious how you fare.

The necro I did Lilith with, and hope to do Uber-Tristram with soon (but
first I go on holiday for more than a week) is like follows:

Skills:

Summon tree: 20SM, 20RS, 1 in the rest of Summon tree
P&B Tree: 20CE, 20 BSpirit, ~15BSpear, 1 in Bone Armor
Curses: 1AD, 1 Decrep, 1 in prerequisites

Have 5 skill points spare, and am not sure what to put them in. Life Tap
might be _very_ wanted and useful for Tristram runs, especially as a
support skill for melee-based team-mates

Equipment: Shako (PTopazed), rare +2necro/resall ammy, Arm of King
Leoric (Ist), Enigma, Homunculus (PDiamonded), Frostburn, 2 x rare/crafted
res-all/mana rings, Goldwrap and Marrowwalks.

Now, all this gear is geared towards MF-ing, so there are some upgrades
imagineable which would put him in his 'Battle Gear':

Shako: Replacement: no idea, perhaps Kira's Guardian to further up the
resists

Ammy: Mara's (but I don't have that)

Weapon: HotO (steal it from my FB/Blizzard sorc, or make a 2nd one)

Armor: I need Enigma for tele, perhaps CoH for res-all, and tele from
amulet?

Shield: Homunculus is nice enough, no?

Gloves: I know of no alternatives for Frostburn

Rings: Perhaps 2 x SOJ? I have 2, have to put them towards Mr. Necro
though

Belt: Arachnid? (Don't have that) Or that Res-all one. Goldwrap is
definately _not_ a 'Battle' Belt. :)

Boots: No more Bone Prison synergy bonus, so the only reason I'm wearing
Marrows is for the +2 SM. I'm open to alternatives.

Merc (Might):

Weapon: Insight in ethereal Colossus Voulge. Alt: upped eth Hone Sundan
Armor: Forti (perhaps also CoH for res-all)
Helm: Guillaume's Face (should put Um in for extra res-all?)

Regardless, I still think a 'Meatgrinder' is going to have a _very_ though
time in Uber-Tristram, but I hope to get a chance to definately find out
soon....

Regards,

Patrick.

In article <ce470$42f2186b$82a1d3bf$12041@news1.tudelft.nl>,
Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote:
>In article <xfudnZ2dnZ1bzSLPnZ2dnUuMb9-dnZ2dRVn-052dnZ0@comcast.com>,
>Mickey <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:
>>"Bruce Langdon" <brucerl@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>
>>> On the Tristram level however, all your minions would find tons of other
>>> targets to keep them busy. No way to tell them to attack just meph.
>>> All the other things would be able to hit you if the minions weren't
>>> right around you.
>>
>>Yes there is, actually. Teleport is your friend :)
>
>See my report(s) on downing Lilith; I think I have a necro that's pretty
>close to your ideal build (see below for his stats), and Lilith was still
>a bit of a problem: high life regen, and it also looks like she Teleported
>away when the going got too tough, and I started detonating her minions
>below and around her...
>
>But the teleport on top, Decrepify her and let the merc take her down
>worked quite nice.
>
>I have no idea how Lilith compares to the other sub-Uber-Evils (Izual and
>Duriel), hopefully others can fill this in.

Oh dear, one addition: I just read Lilith absorbs magic, and a guide
specifically warns people _not_ to engage her with a Hammerdin.

Since I was spamming her with Bone Spirits doing about 700 dmg a piece,
that might perhaps explain why she was regaining health so quickly.

I suppose I should now be _happy_ the Marrowwalk bug is fixed, because
in 1.10 my Bone Spirits did about 2000 dmg a piece. :)

Nice to know, next time I won't be spamming Lilith with Bone Spirits. :)

Regards,

Patrick.

In article <42f23108$1@news.orcon.net.nz>,
~misfit~ <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote:
>Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

>> Oh dear, one addition: I just read Lilith absorbs magic, and a guide
>> specifically warns people _not_ to engage her with a Hammerdin.
>>
>> Since I was spamming her with Bone Spirits doing about 700 dmg a
>> piece, that might perhaps explain why she was regaining health so
>> quickly.
>>
>> I suppose I should now be _happy_ the Marrowwalk bug is fixed, because
>> in 1.10 my Bone Spirits did about 2000 dmg a piece. :)
>>
>> Nice to know, next time I won't be spamming Lilith with Bone Spirits.
>> :)
>
>Thanks for the reports. Lilith is the only one of the new Ubers I haven't
>faced. What minions does she have? Oh, Succubi?

The level is filled with indeed Succiby (those witches firing the 'red
balls of death') and a mix of archers/spearwomen as found in the Countess
dungeons. Only, some of them fire some sort of cold arrow which does cold
_splash_ damage. Very nasty, slowed down the entire pack of skeletons.

I _think_ (but could not see clearly due to the chaos), that she's
surrounded by the same mix of monsters. I started 'detonating' corpses
around the corner, ran into the room, and didn't find Lilith. I though I
killed her, but also didn't find any 'body part'. Slowly backtracking, it
seemed she had teleported a room back, and was there. That's when I did
the teleport-on-top trick, which worked nicely.

Perhaps she would've gone down in a few seconds, just like Hell Baal does,
if I hadn't bombarded her with Bone Spirits. ;)

Hopefully I'll be able to verify this next time!

Regards,

Patrick.

Shiflet wrote:
> "chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hey Bruce, can you confirm that Meph and Baal don't need to be killed
>>to get the charm?
>

> He said they did. I know several people who said they got theirs otherwise,
> so perhaps Blizz did something serverside to force all three to be killed.

Well, the charm sure as hell didn't drop from Diablo.

Liam (aka DarkForceRising)