Dust in the OTES on Abit IC7-MAX3?

nuttybing

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2003
Hi,
Does anyone seem to concern about dust in the OTES system in that motherboard? I was wondering on the cleaning of mb and I'm pretty sure dust will get onto the fan blades. Anyone facing this problem yet?

lunitic

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2003
I regularly clean my system with a vacuum cleaner. I have seem some systems on which the heatsinks and/or fans were so clogged with dust the airflow was severely hindered; but I have not seen a system (so far) which failed due to this. Possibly because heat has only the last couple of years started to be a problem.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
if dust is allowed to build up, it will <i>eventually</i> start to give cooling problems when it impacts the airflow over the fins of the various heatsinks. It is advisable to keep your system clean, but how often you do is up to you. once every 3 months or so will probably be fine, unless you're in a particularly dusty environment.

---
<font color=red>The preceding text is assembled from information stored in an unreliable organic storage medium. As such it may be innacurate, incomplete, or completely wrong</font color=red> :wink: