Sign in with
Your question

COD4 stuttering

Last response: in Video Games
December 8, 2009 4:27:45 PM

hi guys,
ever since i updated cod4 to patch 1.7 and the latest punkuster ive been getting a horrible stutter every few seconds. I have the latest drivers and a fast internet. i usually play with around 50 ping.

heres my hardware
gtx285
core i7 920
6gb ddr3
windows 7 premium
corsair tx850w

i play with all settings maxed out @ 1900x1080 res and it runs perfectly on single player... its just multiplayer that runs bad, and its fine on lan games.
any ideas?

Thanks, Greg.

More about : cod4 stuttering

December 8, 2009 6:27:48 PM

Try other servers, perhaps? Try also resetting your router / modem; I know my house internet set-up can be a bit troublesome at times, but you don't always notice a problem until you try to game and you need the constant stream of traffic. Does your PC stutter on any other online games?
December 8, 2009 8:18:29 PM

it happens on every server i play on and the routers fine at other games,
what do you mean by resetting it? turn it on and off???
Related resources
December 8, 2009 8:31:51 PM

Yeah exactly that, though if it works fine with other games I don't somehow think that will fix it. Have you looked into port forwarding? Try http://www.portforward.com/cports.htm Even if it doesn't help you with CoD stuttering, it may be of use to forward ports for other applications.
Configuring them yourself in the router isn't too complicated a procedure.
December 9, 2009 11:17:02 AM

ive tried resetting the router, no luck. il try the port forwarding
December 9, 2009 5:29:44 PM

Try reinstalling both, making sure to reboot and clean up before you reinstall and update them.
!