Sign in with
Your question

Dirt 2 Steam Issues

Last response: in Video Games
December 9, 2009 9:04:22 PM

I have a coupon for Dirt 2 from my purchase of an ATI 5850 video card. However, today, after downloading and installing the game, when I try to run the game, the system pauses for a moment and then nothing happens. I have also registered with Games for Windows - Live in case that makes a difference. When I attempt to run the game from its steam folder, I click on either dirt2.exe or dirt2_game.exe, and an Application error comes up, stating "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application." I have also validated the local files for Dirt 2 multiple times, and it says everything was validated. I have also restarted my computer several times, and updated my steam client registry. I am running windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Is there a problem due to my windows/DX version? I am not sure if DX11 is out yet, although this game is supposedly run off of it, this subject is somewhat unclear to me. Anybody else with these issues or knowledge on how to fix it? Thanks!

More about : dirt steam issues

December 10, 2009 2:15:13 AM

Have you installed the 9.11 drivers? Cleaned out the old drivers? Reinstalled the game?

I have been playing Dirt 2 via the ATI coupon for a couple of days now. I'm also using W7 64bit pro, but with a 5870. No need to worry about DX11 - you have Windows 7 & a 5-series card, so you can use DirectX 11.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-US/aboutGFW/pages/dir...
m
l
December 10, 2009 3:17:40 AM

Yea I've totally wiped my old drivers and installed 9.11, is there any way to reinstall Dirt 2 on steam without having to download the entire 10 or so gigs again? it took forever!
m
l
Related resources
February 20, 2010 9:10:52 AM

I am having the same problem.I am running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit,the game simply crashes after signing in.But I was able to run it in WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL 64 BIT without any problems.I have CCC the one comes with the graphics card and I didn't download the latest drivers because it slower down the FRAME rate(FPS)during gameplay.The new version sucks actually.Does anyone have any idea about this problem?

MY PC SPECIFICATIONS:
Core 2 Quad q9400 stock
Gigabyte EG41MF-US2H
SAPPHIRE 5850 @ 803MHZ/1175MHZ @ stock voltage
m
l
February 26, 2010 9:08:51 PM

You can back up your game in Steam to save you D/L it again,when you open Steam go to my games and right click on the Dirt 2 icon and a box will open with a number of options. There should be one in there that says "Back up game files" click that and then it will ask you where you want it saving to,then you should be able to uninstall and then re-install it without the need for numerous down loading.
m
l
!