Ruben

I have 2 XP's PC, 1 was recently rebuilt last week. On the rebuilt PC, I
created 2 shared folders and access to the shared folder files was working.
I created 3 new accounts (1 admin and 2 power users) on the rebuilt PC. When
to you try to access a new rebuilt PC user account shared folder file from
the other PC, I receive a read only and access denied message. Please let me
know, how can I correct this error?

Thank you

Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"Ruben" wrote:

|I have 2 XP's PC, 1 was recently rebuilt last week. On the rebuilt PC, I
| created 2 shared folders and access to the shared folder files was working.
| I created 3 new accounts (1 admin and 2 power users) on the rebuilt PC. When
| to you try to access a new rebuilt PC user account shared folder file from
| the other PC, I receive a read only and access denied message. Please let me
| know, how can I correct this error?
|

| Thank you

Ruben

Thank you for your reply Carey, I tried both KB articles and neither one
worked. But I noticed that under Computer manangement shared folders, I
cannot create a new shared folder via the wizard. Any other ideas