Access denied to a file

I have 2 XP's PC, 1 was recently rebuilt last week. On the rebuilt PC, I
created 2 shared folders and access to the shared folder files was working.
I created 3 new accounts (1 admin and 2 power users) on the rebuilt PC. When
to you try to access a new rebuilt PC user account shared folder file from
the other PC, I receive a read only and access denied message. Please let me
know, how can I correct this error?

Thank you
2 answers Last reply
More about access denied file

    Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    "Ruben" wrote:

    |I have 2 XP's PC, 1 was recently rebuilt last week. On the rebuilt PC, I
    | created 2 shared folders and access to the shared folder files was working.
    | I created 3 new accounts (1 admin and 2 power users) on the rebuilt PC. When
    | to you try to access a new rebuilt PC user account shared folder file from
    | the other PC, I receive a read only and access denied message. Please let me
    | know, how can I correct this error?
    |

    | Thank you

    Thank you for your reply Carey, I tried both KB articles and neither one
    worked. But I noticed that under Computer manangement shared folders, I
    cannot create a new shared folder via the wizard. Any other ideas

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881
    >
    > How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Ruben" wrote:
    >
    > |I have 2 XP's PC, 1 was recently rebuilt last week. On the rebuilt PC, I
    > | created 2 shared folders and access to the shared folder files was working.
    > | I created 3 new accounts (1 admin and 2 power users) on the rebuilt PC. When
    > | to you try to access a new rebuilt PC user account shared folder file from
    > | the other PC, I receive a read only and access denied message. Please let me
    > | know, how can I correct this error?
    > |

    > | Thank you

Microsoft Windows XP