Crysis stutter on intro movie/menus

heyitzfitz

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
So im having trouble with crysis lagging and stuttering BAD (less than 5fps) on the intro movies and menus, as well as bad hangups during gameplay.

from the beginning.
I was playing FINE at 20-30fps average all day long with no hangups or lag.
couple days ago i accidentally clicked the fxc.exe in the bin64 folder and when i went to play thats when it started. after restarting the pc 2 times it worked again, and continued working for several days. then today set the resolution from 1600x1200 to 1024x768 in preperation to play it on the tv downstairs. when i go to play the game i get the problem mentioned above again. went back upstairs and changed back to 1600 res on the reg monitor and it wont go away. ive tried restarting 5 times and reinstalling/repairing multiple times.

my question is, what the hell does fxc.exe do and why am i getting this problem? how do i fix this? ive done some googling and it seems alot of the same problem is related to vista+dx10, sound card problems, and cpu probs.

its definitely not a hardware problem since i can play crysis warhead fine, and i played crysis before with no trouble.

win xp pro 64
Radeon HD 5770
intel e5200 @ 3.1ghz

MGDJoker

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
It seems like Crysis has been in Beta since its been released retail. When the game works i guess the single player is fun. Game was a huge let down to me. Its a "Farcry" from Farcry. Farcry was the *** when it came out. One of the best singleplayer games ever created. Too Bad Crysis is a poorly optimized POS. Also ur running Windows XP 64 bit. That OS is complete trash. Your problems start there.