vx4600 - phased out completely? Need advice on a good phone.

Last response: in Network Providers
July 13, 2004 9:28:43 AM

Hi everyone -

My v60g has finally got so broken that I no longer have an excuse for not
getting a replacement phone. After some research on this group and on
wirelessadvisor.com, I've got the idea that LG VX4600 is considered to be an
"optimal" choice of some sort: no useless bells and whistles (i.e. VX6000
camera), good battery, reception, and reliability. Finally, it is slightly
more vivid after Motorola's rather ascetic UI.

Unfortunately the phone seems to be out of stock on verizonwireless.com and
sales people have no idea if it ever comes back. Moreover, Verizon brick &
mortar shop salespeople told me that this phone was offered on the Internet
only.

Therefore the questions below. I'd appreciate some advice as I don't want to
waste money on another useless gadget with shiny apperance but poor
functionality.

1. Is vx4600 really gone?

2. Is it really THAT good (as in so-good-one-has-to-go-to-ebay-and-immediately
buy-one)?

3. What would people recommend as a superior or comparable model in
reception/features/battery life?

Thanks in advance,

--
Alexander L. Belikoff jj0c8fg02 @ sneakemail . com
GPG f/pr: 0D58 A804 1AB1 4CD8 8DA9 424B A86E CD0D 8424 2701

Look at the ACH A650 at Verizon

Tri Mode, buy 2 for 30 bucks ( with rebates)

John

!