Modern Warfare 2 DirectX issues

brodynooch

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
I am running Geforce 8800M GTX with an 2.2 Intel Dou, Windows XP and 2 GB of RAM . The game runs smoothly and looks surprisingly good on my notebook, however, if I decide to quit anywhere after act 2 the game will crash when loading any mission. Regardless of mission, I will get to the same point (approx 10%) into the load page before getting a DirectX unrecoverable error.

I have the latest drivers for my graphics card, mobo, and audio. I have reinstalled the game 3 times. I have also verified the install with steam and cleaned up my registry. Does anyone have any idea on how I can get past this directX error while the mission is loading?

brodynooch

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
welshmousepk: are you running XP as well? If so (since we have completely different hardware components) we have something up on the OS side or a conflict with software running in the background.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
nope, W7....

i really think the game is just very badly ported and full of bugs.

im sure there is some hardware/software clash, but it seems totally random.

a friend of mine has pretty much the exact same system as me (same mobo, CPU and GPU) and he had no issues at all.
i just re try it every now and then after a patch, and hope theyve fixed something.