Sign in with
Your question

Modern Warfare 2 DirectX issues

Last response: in Video Games
December 11, 2009 5:33:03 PM

I am running Geforce 8800M GTX with an 2.2 Intel Dou, Windows XP and 2 GB of RAM . The game runs smoothly and looks surprisingly good on my notebook, however, if I decide to quit anywhere after act 2 the game will crash when loading any mission. Regardless of mission, I will get to the same point (approx 10%) into the load page before getting a DirectX unrecoverable error.

I have the latest drivers for my graphics card, mobo, and audio. I have reinstalled the game 3 times. I have also verified the install with steam and cleaned up my registry. Does anyone have any idea on how I can get past this directX error while the mission is loading?
December 11, 2009 9:15:01 PM

have you tried to update your drivers for your video card?
m
l
December 11, 2009 9:56:44 PM

i have that EXACT issue.

ive been completely unable to finish the singleplayer portion of the game.

tried everything ican think of to no avail. let me know if you find anything.
m
l
Related resources
December 12, 2009 12:59:10 AM

welshmousepk: are you running XP as well? If so (since we have completely different hardware components) we have something up on the OS side or a conflict with software running in the background.
m
l
December 12, 2009 4:21:20 AM

nope, W7....

i really think the game is just very badly ported and full of bugs.

im sure there is some hardware/software clash, but it seems totally random.

a friend of mine has pretty much the exact same system as me (same mobo, CPU and GPU) and he had no issues at all.
i just re try it every now and then after a patch, and hope theyve fixed something.
m
l
!