mcafee

mcafee security came with my pc as a trial. i don't like mcafee and don't
want mcafee, how do i totally remove it? if i try to remove it using add &
remove i end up receiving error messages in outlook. i have tried contacting
mcafee but can't even get them to reply (just 1 reason why i don't like
mcafee)
--
seanpaul99
4 answers Last reply

    Before uninstalling McAfee, ensure that it is set to NOT check incoming and
    outgoing mail.. reboot, then proceed with the removal again..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > mcafee security came with my pc as a trial. i don't like mcafee and don't
    > want mcafee, how do i totally remove it? if i try to remove it using add &
    > remove i end up receiving error messages in outlook. i have tried
    > contacting
    > mcafee but can't even get them to reply (just 1 reason why i don't like
    > mcafee)
    > --
    > seanpaul99

    hiya Mike
    i have the trial version of Mcafee and it says that it is not filtering
    incoming mail, does that meen it is ok to un-install it?
    --
    seanpaul99

    "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Before uninstalling McAfee, ensure that it is set to NOT check incoming and
    > outgoing mail.. reboot, then proceed with the removal again..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >

    > "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > mcafee security came with my pc as a trial. i don't like mcafee and don't
    > > want mcafee, how do i totally remove it? if i try to remove it using add &
    > > remove i end up receiving error messages in outlook. i have tried
    > > contacting
    > > mcafee but can't even get them to reply (just 1 reason why i don't like
    > > mcafee)
    > > --
    > > seanpaul99

    On top of what Mike suggested, Make sure that it is not set to run in any
    form at startup. Check MSconfig (Startup tab).
    You also may want to touch base w/your pc mfgr.

    > hiya Mike
    > i have the trial version of Mcafee and it says that it is not filtering
    > incoming mail, does that meen it is ok to un-install it?
    > --
    > seanpaul99
    >

    > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Before uninstalling McAfee, ensure that it is set to NOT check incoming
    >> and
    >> outgoing mail.. reboot, then proceed with the removal again..
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Hall
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >>

    >> "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > mcafee security came with my pc as a trial. i don't like mcafee and
    >> > don't
    >> > want mcafee, how do i totally remove it? if i try to remove it using
    >> > add &
    >> > remove i end up receiving error messages in outlook. i have tried
    >> > contacting
    >> > mcafee but can't even get them to reply (just 1 reason why i don't like
    >> > mcafee)
    >> > --
    >> > seanpaul99

    many thanks Larry, problem solved. You lost me on pc mfgr, i am relatively
    new at this game and a little green around the gills.
    kind regards
    --
    seanpaul99

    "Larry Mauriello" wrote:

    > On top of what Mike suggested, Make sure that it is not set to run in any
    > form at startup. Check MSconfig (Startup tab).
    > You also may want to touch base w/your pc mfgr.
    >
    > "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > hiya Mike
    > > i have the trial version of Mcafee and it says that it is not filtering
    > > incoming mail, does that meen it is ok to un-install it?
    > > --
    > > seanpaul99
    > >

    > > "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Before uninstalling McAfee, ensure that it is set to NOT check incoming
    > >> and
    > >> outgoing mail.. reboot, then proceed with the removal again..
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Mike Hall
    > >> MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > >>

    > >> "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message