mcafee security came with my pc as a trial. i don't like mcafee and don't
want mcafee, how do i totally remove it? if i try to remove it using add &
remove i end up receiving error messages in outlook. i have tried contacting
mcafee but can't even get them to reply (just 1 reason why i don't like
mcafee)
--
seanpaul99

Before uninstalling McAfee, ensure that it is set to NOT check incoming and
outgoing mail.. reboot, then proceed with the removal again..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> mcafee security came with my pc as a trial. i don't like mcafee and don't
> want mcafee, how do i totally remove it? if i try to remove it using add &
> remove i end up receiving error messages in outlook. i have tried
> contacting
> mcafee but can't even get them to reply (just 1 reason why i don't like
> mcafee)
> --
> seanpaul99

hiya Mike
i have the trial version of Mcafee and it says that it is not filtering
incoming mail, does that meen it is ok to un-install it?
--
seanpaul99

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Before uninstalling McAfee, ensure that it is set to NOT check incoming and
> outgoing mail.. reboot, then proceed with the removal again..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>

> "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > mcafee security came with my pc as a trial. i don't like mcafee and don't
> > want mcafee, how do i totally remove it? if i try to remove it using add &
> > remove i end up receiving error messages in outlook. i have tried
> > contacting
> > mcafee but can't even get them to reply (just 1 reason why i don't like
> > mcafee)
> > --
> > seanpaul99

On top of what Mike suggested, Make sure that it is not set to run in any
form at startup. Check MSconfig (Startup tab).
You also may want to touch base w/your pc mfgr.

> hiya Mike
> i have the trial version of Mcafee and it says that it is not filtering
> incoming mail, does that meen it is ok to un-install it?
> --
> seanpaul99
>

> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Before uninstalling McAfee, ensure that it is set to NOT check incoming
>> and
>> outgoing mail.. reboot, then proceed with the removal again..
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall
>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > mcafee security came with my pc as a trial. i don't like mcafee and
>> > don't
>> > want mcafee, how do i totally remove it? if i try to remove it using
>> > add &
>> > remove i end up receiving error messages in outlook. i have tried
>> > contacting
>> > mcafee but can't even get them to reply (just 1 reason why i don't like
>> > mcafee)
>> > --
>> > seanpaul99

many thanks Larry, problem solved. You lost me on pc mfgr, i am relatively
new at this game and a little green around the gills.
kind regards
--
seanpaul99