how to remove Windows XP Updates

August 24, 2005 1:45:02 AM

I downloaded 2 updates recently ( Update for Windows XP (KB900930) Tuesday,
August 23, 2005 Windows Update website
Windows XP family ESS Technology - Modems - ESS ES56H-PI Data Fax Voice Modem

& it says at the top of my download history page that if I want to remove
them to go to the Add / Remove in the Control panel...I did but they are not
listed...how can I remove them, especially the Modem one.

More about : remove windows updates

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 5:08:49 AM

Why do you think you need to uninstall KB900930? (It'll be found in
Add/Remove Programs *after* you check the Show Update box at the top.)

No knowledgeable user installs any driver updates via Windows Update. You
can roll back to the previous driver version:

How to Roll Back a Device Driver:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport...
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Lesley wrote:
> I downloaded 2 updates recently ( Update for Windows XP (KB900930)
> Tuesday, August 23, 2005 Windows Update website
> Windows XP family ESS Technology - Modems - ESS ES56H-PI Data Fax Voice
> Modem
>
> & it says at the top of my download history page that if I want to remove
> them to go to the Add / Remove in the Control panel...I did but they are
> not listed...how can I remove them, especially the Modem one.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 5:08:50 AM

Thanks for that.

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Why do you think you need to uninstall KB900930? (It'll be found in
> Add/Remove Programs *after* you check the Show Update box at the top.)
>
> No knowledgeable user installs any driver updates via Windows Update. You
> can roll back to the previous driver version:
>
> How to Roll Back a Device Driver:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport...
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
>

> Lesley wrote:
> > I downloaded 2 updates recently ( Update for Windows XP (KB900930)
> > Tuesday, August 23, 2005 Windows Update website
> > Windows XP family ESS Technology - Modems - ESS ES56H-PI Data Fax Voice
> > Modem
> >
> > & it says at the top of my download history page that if I want to remove
> > them to go to the Add / Remove in the Control panel...I did but they are
> > not listed...how can I remove them, especially the Modem one.

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 9:57:33 PM

YW

!