how to remove Windows XP Updates

I downloaded 2 updates recently ( Update for Windows XP (KB900930) Tuesday,
August 23, 2005 Windows Update website
Windows XP family ESS Technology - Modems - ESS ES56H-PI Data Fax Voice Modem

& it says at the top of my download history page that if I want to remove
them to go to the Add / Remove in the Control panel...I did but they are not
listed...how can I remove them, especially the Modem one.
3 answers Last reply
More about remove windows updates

    Why do you think you need to uninstall KB900930? (It'll be found in
    Add/Remove Programs *after* you check the Show Update box at the top.)

    No knowledgeable user installs any driver updates via Windows Update. You
    can roll back to the previous driver version:

    How to Roll Back a Device Driver:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/driverrollback.mspx
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    Lesley wrote:
    > I downloaded 2 updates recently ( Update for Windows XP (KB900930)
    > Tuesday, August 23, 2005 Windows Update website
    > Windows XP family ESS Technology - Modems - ESS ES56H-PI Data Fax Voice
    > Modem
    >
    > & it says at the top of my download history page that if I want to remove
    > them to go to the Add / Remove in the Control panel...I did but they are
    > not listed...how can I remove them, especially the Modem one.

    Thanks for that.

    "PA Bear" wrote:

    > Why do you think you need to uninstall KB900930? (It'll be found in
    > Add/Remove Programs *after* you check the Show Update box at the top.)
    >
    > No knowledgeable user installs any driver updates via Windows Update. You
    > can roll back to the previous driver version:
    >
    > How to Roll Back a Device Driver:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/driverrollback.mspx
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
    >

    > Lesley wrote:
    > > I downloaded 2 updates recently ( Update for Windows XP (KB900930)
    > > Tuesday, August 23, 2005 Windows Update website
    > > Windows XP family ESS Technology - Modems - ESS ES56H-PI Data Fax Voice
    > > Modem
    > >
    > > & it says at the top of my download history page that if I want to remove
    > > them to go to the Add / Remove in the Control panel...I did but they are
    > > not listed...how can I remove them, especially the Modem one.

    YW

    Lesley wrote:
    > Thanks for that.
    >
    > "PA Bear" wrote:
    >
    > > Why do you think you need to uninstall KB900930? (It'll be found in
    > > Add/Remove Programs *after* you check the Show Update box at the top.)
    > >
    > > No knowledgeable user installs any driver updates via Windows Update.
    > > You can roll back to the previous driver version:
    > >
    > > How to Roll Back a Device Driver:
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/driverrollback.mspx
    > > --
    > > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
    > >

    > > Lesley wrote:
    > > > I downloaded 2 updates recently ( Update for Windows XP (KB900930)
    > > > Tuesday, August 23, 2005 Windows Update website
    > > > Windows XP family ESS Technology - Modems - ESS ES56H-PI Data Fax
    > > > Voice Modem
    > > >
    > > > & it says at the top of my download history page that if I want to
    > > > remove them to go to the Add / Remove in the Control panel...I did
    > > > but they are not listed...how can I remove them, especially the Modem
    > > > one.

Windows XP