It concerns a Dell laptop.

By booting, the laptop says 'The system has recovered a serious error'.

Error signiture contains:
C:\...\Mini080105-01.dmp
C:\...\WERec36.dir00
C:\...\sysdata.mxl

The laptop has a new motherboard (because the laptop didn't work no more).
The problems are since that moment.

The first time by booting the laptop: the letters on the screen were very
big.

The clock was one year wrong and indicated 2004 (for 2005).

Any suggestion what to do?

Thanks,
Hugo Lefebvre

Malke

cov webmaster wrote:

> It concerns a Dell laptop.
>
> By booting, the laptop says 'The system has recovered a serious
> error'.
>

> Error signiture contains:
> C:\...\Mini080105-01.dmp
> C:\...\WERec36.dir00
> C:\...\sysdata.mxl
>
> The laptop has a new motherboard (because the laptop didn't work no
> more). The problems are since that moment.
>
> The first time by booting the laptop: the letters on the screen were
> very big.
>
> The clock was one year wrong and indicated 2004 (for 2005).

Did you replace the motherboard yourself? Is it exactly the same model
as the one that came with the laptop?

1. For the clock, enter the BIOS and set the time correctly. I think
Dells use F12 to get into Setup, but look at the very first screen when
booting to make sure (or refer to the manual that came with the
laptop).

2. Download the most current drivers for the laptop from Dell's tech
support site. Make sure they are for your specific laptop. Refer to the
manual for the order in which to reinstall laptop drivers and software,
or look on Dell's tech support site.

3. If none of this works, call Dell tech support because there is a
problem with the new motherboard.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers