Nvidia Graphics Card - Geforce 8800 GS
ATI Graphics Card - Radeon X1800 Series 256MB
RAM Memory - 2 GB
Hard Disk Space - 12 GB
Direct X - 9

clydefrog

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
On a side note, i really wouldnt recommend you get that game; at least not now. Wait till Infinity Ward fixes the myriad of problems plaguing the PC version (IW.net not work, insane lag, hackers and cheaters, etc.).

You know this games multiplayer runs on a P2P network right? I say this because i didnt; i had never heard of p2p for gaming outside of consoles... :??:

welshmousepk

Distinguished
@clydefrog:

i agree the game has issues, but its still one of the best ive played. ive run into a few hackers, and the occasinbal laggy game. but being as the game itself is one of the most well balanced, rewarding and fun experiance iv had in a long while, id find it hard not to recomend it to everyone.
people blow these things out of proportion. yeah the game has issues,. but if you like FPSs, youll most likely love it.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
OK. Out of experiance, I want to let you know my system specs, and to let you know it will work fine on this and anything above.

CPU: Pentium 4 3.2Ghz HT - 2MB Cache
RAM: 2GB DDR2 533Mhz
GPU: 8600GTS

I was gaming on 1024x728 on medium-high 2xAA. Around 50FPS. Very good for this game, on these specs. If you have anything similer, or higher, then you would get good rates.

On a side note... I clocked it over night, ended WAY to quik. MW1 was longer. (or so I think.)

clydefrog

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009

Lag is very prevalent at least for me. im getting a ping of around 100-150 at best (i dont know exactly since IW thought it would be a good idea to replace the numeric ping indicator for a set of bars).

The balance isnt really that great either. Getting sniped halfway across the map by akimbo 1887's isnt very balanced; dual weilding weapons had no place in a COD game in my opinion by the way, that should be left to Halo3.

While i do admit it was fun for a week or so, i doubt the fun would last anylonger than a few months. The way to maintain a consistant amount of enjoyment and an active community is through new mods, maps etc. However, seeing as how Dedicated servers were tossed out in favor of IWnet, modifications are not possible. Some of the greatest games were origionally mods (counter strike, day of defeat, etc).

Had they released a beta, many of these issues could bave been averted.

I guess it's really a matter of preference. Even if the issues were fixed, i doubt i would go back to it. I prefer fps games that are little more tactical and team oriented; MW2 is just the opposite. The maps are way too small to drum up any coherent strategy, and pace of the game is ridiculously fast to the point where it's almost mindless. I have been a diehard COD fan since the beginning, but this was the first game of the series to truly disappoint me; COD has gone mainstream, just like the games i sought to avoid by turning to COD in the first place...