My E-mail password isn't saved

Opening my E-mail account in Outlook (or Outlook Express, both behave in the
same manner) I can choose to let Windows save my password. It looks like it
works, but when I return to the account, nothing has been saved.
I have to enter the password every time I start my E-mail account.

What's the reason?

/Bosseh
1 answer Last reply
More about mail password saved

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264672
    OLEXP: Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259416
    OL2000: (IMO) Your Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or Windows XP

    For a trimmed down version: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_oe_passwords.htm

    The above also applies to Internet Explorer and other applications that use the Protected Storage System Provider registry key to store passwords.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Bo Hansson" <bo1.hansson@telia.com> wrote in message news:OzQNXhMqFHA.1096@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > Opening my E-mail account in Outlook (or Outlook Express, both behave in the
    > same manner) I can choose to let Windows save my password. It looks like it
    > works, but when I return to the account, nothing has been saved.
    > I have to enter the password every time I start my E-mail account.
    >
    > What's the reason?
    >
    > /Bosseh

Outlook Express Email Microsoft Windows XP