Scott

My wife has a new notebook with Win XP Pro (SP2). I'd like to
add My Recent Documents to the Start Menu, but I've looked everywhere,
and I can't find that option. Can someone show me where to look?

Thanks!
Scott

Scott wrote:
> My wife has a new notebook with Win XP Pro (SP2). I'd like to
> add My Recent Documents to the Start Menu, but I've looked everywhere,
> and I can't find that option. Can someone show me where to look?

Then you didn't look everywhere.. =)

Remember - With windows - there are many ways to do almost anything. First
thing you should always remember is that right-clicking on an object and
selecting properties almost always leads you in the right direction if you
want to modify that object (in a way Windows supports.)

Right-click on the start button, choose properties, choose the start menu
tab, custromize button, advanced tab, list my most recently opened documents
checkbox.

Also - Start button --> Help and Support --> Search for My Recent Documents.
One of the Full-Text Search matches has this:

To show your most recently used documents on the Start menu
- Right-click the Start button, and then click Properties.
- On the Start Menu tab, click Start menu, and then click Customize.
- On the Advanced tab, select the List my most recently opened documents
check box.

The next time you click Start, the My Recent Documents folder is on the
Start menu. This folder contains the documents and files you opened
recently.

** Note
- On the Advanced tab, click Clear List to empty the My Recent Documents
folder. This does not delete the documents from the computer.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Duh........... Hell, even I missed it :-(

- On the Advanced tab, select the List my most recently opened documents
check box.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.