i have this worm have used microsoft malicious software remover. It is
detecting this invasion but not removing it any ideas

Post back with the name of the "backdoor" infestation.
Visit the online Housecall at Trendmicro.
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

Have it check your system for viruses.

Also, Here's one free virus-cleanup tool to use, even though it will
involve
time and effort. I suggest you get & run SYSCLEAN from Trendmicro.

See PA Bear's notes on Sysclean from TrendMicro.
Scanning with SYSCLEAN Robear's way
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php­?t=10610

I recommend an article at Aumha.org on ways to cleanup parasites.
Follow the quick-fix protocol.
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
>i have this worm have used microsoft malicious software remover. It is
> detecting this invasion but not removing it any ideas

the full name is Backdoor:Win 32/Sdbot!AF8B thanks

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> Post back with the name of the "backdoor" infestation.
> Visit the online Housecall at Trendmicro.
> http://housecall.trendmicro.com
>
> Have it check your system for viruses.
>
> Also, Here's one free virus-cleanup tool to use, even though it will
> involve
> time and effort. I suggest you get & run SYSCLEAN from Trendmicro.
>
> See PA Bear's notes on Sysclean from TrendMicro.
> Scanning with SYSCLEAN Robear's way
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php­?t=10610
>
> I recommend an article at Aumha.org on ways to cleanup parasites.
> Follow the quick-fix protocol.
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> --
> "boogyscooby" wrote
> >i have this worm have used microsoft malicious software remover. It is
> > detecting this invasion but not removing it any ideas

YW.

Is it gone now? Did you visit Housecall & run SYSCLEAN?
If still on your system, reboot and restart into Safe Mode (tap / repeat /
tap F8 function key at pc bootup).
Then run (again) your AV program while in Safe Mode.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

"boogyscooby" wrote
> the full name is Backdoor:Win 32/Sdbot!AF8B thanks
>
> "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
>
>> Post back with the name of the "backdoor" infestation.
>> Visit the online Housecall at Trendmicro.
>> http://housecall.trendmicro.com
>>
>> Have it check your system for viruses.
>>
>> Also, Here's one free virus-cleanup tool to use, even though it will
>> involve
>> time and effort. I suggest you get & run SYSCLEAN from Trendmicro.
>>
>> See PA Bear's notes on Sysclean from TrendMicro.
>> Scanning with SYSCLEAN Robear's way
>> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php­?t=10610
>>
>> I recommend an article at Aumha.org on ways to cleanup parasites.
>> Follow the quick-fix protocol.
>> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
>>
>> --
>> Maurice N
>> MVP Windows - Shell / User
>> --
>> "boogyscooby" wrote
>> >i have this worm have used microsoft malicious software remover. It is
>> > detecting this invasion but not removing it any ideas

Doing all the stuff housecall will let me removed 27 spywares and now doing
something else with it wll go to the next on my last next thanks

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> YW.
>
> Is it gone now? Did you visit Housecall & run SYSCLEAN?
> If still on your system, reboot and restart into Safe Mode (tap / repeat /
> tap F8 function key at pc bootup).
> Then run (again) your AV program while in Safe Mode.
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> --
>
> "boogyscooby" wrote
> > the full name is Backdoor:Win 32/Sdbot!AF8B thanks
> >
> > "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Post back with the name of the "backdoor" infestation.
> >> Visit the online Housecall at Trendmicro.
> >> http://housecall.trendmicro.com
> >>
> >> Have it check your system for viruses.
> >>
> >> Also, Here's one free virus-cleanup tool to use, even though it will
> >> involve
> >> time and effort. I suggest you get & run SYSCLEAN from Trendmicro.
> >>
> >> See PA Bear's notes on Sysclean from TrendMicro.
> >> Scanning with SYSCLEAN Robear's way
> >> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php­?t=10610
> >>
> >> I recommend an article at Aumha.org on ways to cleanup parasites.
> >> Follow the quick-fix protocol.
> >> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> >>
> >> --
> >> Maurice N
> >> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> >> --
> >> "boogyscooby" wrote

You're welcome. Post back on your progress.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

"boogyscooby" wrote
> Doing all the stuff housecall will let me removed 27 spywares and now
> doing
> something else with it wll go to the next on my last next thanks
>
> "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
>
>> YW.
>>
>> Is it gone now? Did you visit Housecall & run SYSCLEAN?
>> If still on your system, reboot and restart into Safe Mode (tap / repeat
>> /
>> tap F8 function key at pc bootup).
>> Then run (again) your AV program while in Safe Mode.
>>
>> --
>> Maurice N
>> MVP Windows - Shell / User
>> --
>>
>> "boogyscooby" wrote
>> > the full name is Backdoor:Win 32/Sdbot!AF8B thanks

Did everthing you said and spyware was not found nor were any virus's hope
that an end to it as I realtired now. Thanks maurice for the easy to
understand instuctions.

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> You're welcome. Post back on your progress.
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> --
>
> "boogyscooby" wrote
> > Doing all the stuff housecall will let me removed 27 spywares and now
> > doing
> > something else with it wll go to the next on my last next thanks
> >
> > "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> YW.
> >>
> >> Is it gone now? Did you visit Housecall & run SYSCLEAN?
> >> If still on your system, reboot and restart into Safe Mode (tap / repeat
> >> /
> >> tap F8 function key at pc bootup).
> >> Then run (again) your AV program while in Safe Mode.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Maurice N
> >> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> >> --
> >>
> >> "boogyscooby" wrote

Sorry to jump in here but I decided to try the Trendmicro program and cannot
get past the page that tells me to set my browser to accept cookies, even
though I have followed all instructions to do so.
Am running XP Home. Is there a secret way to reset my browser?

"Maurice N ~ MVP" <maurice@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Post back with the name of the "backdoor" infestation.
> Visit the online Housecall at Trendmicro.
> http://housecall.trendmicro.com
>
> Have it check your system for viruses.
>
> Also, Here's one free virus-cleanup tool to use, even though it will
> involve
> time and effort. I suggest you get & run SYSCLEAN from Trendmicro.
>
> See PA Bear's notes on Sysclean from TrendMicro.
> Scanning with SYSCLEAN Robear's way
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php­?t=10610
>
> I recommend an article at Aumha.org on ways to cleanup parasites.
> Follow the quick-fix protocol.
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> --
> "boogyscooby" wrote
>>i have this worm have used microsoft malicious software remover. It is
>> detecting this invasion but not removing it any ideas

In Internet Explorer, from main menu , select Tools ,Internet Options ,

Security Tab. Then click on green icon Trusted Sites/click Sites button.

Look very closely at line that says:

"Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone" to *clear* the selection.
(e.g. You want that to be un-checked (un-ticked)).

In the "Add this Web site to the zone:" field, add your entries to list of "Trusted Sites" --

Now add the website address.

housecall.trendmicro.com
*.trendmicro.com

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Lildevil wrote:
> Sorry to jump in here but I decided to try the Trendmicro program and
> cannot get past the page that tells me to set my browser to accept
> cookies, even though I have followed all instructions to do so.
> Am running XP Home. Is there a secret way to reset my browser?

You're very welcome.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

boogyscooby wrote:
> Did everthing you said and spyware was not found nor were any virus's
> hope that an end to it as I realtired now. Thanks maurice for the
> easy to understand instuctions.
>
> "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
>
>> You're welcome. Post back on your progress.
>>
>> --
>> Maurice N
>> MVP Windows - Shell / User
>> --
>>
>> "boogyscooby" wrote
>>> Doing all the stuff housecall will let me removed 27 spywares and
>>> now doing
>>> something else with it wll go to the next on my last next thanks

Hi maurice back again. Used the mailicious ware removal tool again and low
and behold there is backdoor. It wont remove it and none of my spyware or
antvirus programmes including the ones suggested by youy are picking it up.
Please please help getting really desparate now lol

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> In Internet Explorer, from main menu , select Tools ,Internet Options ,
>
> Security Tab. Then click on green icon Trusted Sites/click Sites button.
>
> Look very closely at line that says:
>
> "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone" to *clear* the selection.
> (e.g. You want that to be un-checked (un-ticked)).
>
> In the "Add this Web site to the zone:" field, add your entries to list of "Trusted Sites" --
>
> Now add the website address.
>
> housecall.trendmicro.com
> *.trendmicro.com
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> -----
>
> Lildevil wrote:
> > Sorry to jump in here but I decided to try the Trendmicro program and
> > cannot get past the page that tells me to set my browser to accept
> > cookies, even though I have followed all instructions to do so.
> > Am running XP Home. Is there a secret way to reset my browser?

Download SYSCLEAN again (be sure to get latest signature files), and then run it within Safe Mode.

boogyscooby wrote:
> Hi maurice back again. Used the mailicious ware removal tool again
> and low and behold there is backdoor. It wont remove it and none of
> my spyware or antvirus programmes including the ones suggested by
> youy are picking it up. Please please help getting really desparate
> now lol

TRENDING THREADS