Sign in with
Your question

Odd Bluescreen problem

Last response: in Windows 7
September 1, 2010 6:45:02 PM

ive had my system built for about a year now, and about 6 months ago the pc would crash and BSOD, seemingly at random. sometime it happens when im in a game, sometimes it happens when im on the desktop, and it even happens when ive left the pc running while at work. i tried to look at the dump files but i cant figure it out. maybe a driver problem since the pc always comes back on, would it b best to just reinstall windows 7
ps i have windows 7 ultimate x64 installed now

i have the dumpfiles saved if you would like to look at them for me thanks in advance.

More about : odd bluescreen problem

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
September 1, 2010 8:45:13 PM

Hi eddie200112 and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

The BSoD usually means a problem with the RAM or bad drivers. Test the RAM using memtest86+ and let me know the results.
m
l
September 2, 2010 4:14:51 AM

Ya ive tested the ram before with memtest and it all came out ok.
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
September 2, 2010 5:53:30 AM

eddie200112 said:
Ya ive tested the ram before with memtest and it all came out ok.

[#0005ff]If it's going off when you're not even in the house, it could be worth updating the graphics driver. So long as it comes back up with a blue screen after closing, I doubt it's an overheating isue but I'd check the warning and switch off temperatures in BIOS. Turn them both up ten degrees and wait to see what happens - it shouldn't take long if that is the issue.[/#000ff]

m
l
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
September 2, 2010 1:26:04 PM

I had a similar problem, the ram was running ok, also memtest did run for hours without errors but sometimes bsods occur.
I went to check the ram support for my motherboard and chanced the ram, no more bsods here.
m
l
!