Getting XP to acknowledge scanner and camera

I am having problems with XP recognizing the scanner on my HP PSC 2110 which
had worked well on ME. I also can not get XP to recoginize my Vivitar
Camera, both are connected using USB ports.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled both software packages to no avail.
Printer works even though it is not recognized.

You might need to go to the manufacturers website and download XP drivers
for all that hardware.
peterk

"Tom R" <Tom R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having problems with XP recognizing the scanner on my HP PSC 2110
>which
> had worked well on ME. I also can not get XP to recoginize my Vivitar
> Camera, both are connected using USB ports.
> I have uninstalled and reinstalled both software packages to no avail.
> Printer works even though it is not recognized.

"Tom R" <Tom R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am having problems with XP recognizing the scanner on my HP PSC 2110 which
>had worked well on ME. I also can not get XP to recoginize my Vivitar
>Camera, both are connected using USB ports.
>I have uninstalled and reinstalled both software packages to no avail.
>Printer works even though it is not recognized.

Open Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager.

Locate any entries for scanners (imaging devices) and cameras, and
remove (uninstall) them. Also remove any entries in the "other
devices" category.

Also completely uninstall all of the software for the PSC2110. In
order to do this properly it is sometimes necessary to do a "level 4"
uninstall as per the following instructions from HP's support staff:

"To completely uninstall the all-in-one software, run the uninstaller
at level four using these steps: 1. Insert the all-in-one CD-ROM into
the computer. Cancel any installation windows that appear. 2. Click
Start and then click Run. 3. Type the following command without quotes
and press Enter key: "X:\Util\CCC\Uninstall.bat 4" (Replace X: with
the CD-ROM drive letter)"

When reinstalling the PSC2110 make certain that you follow the HP
instructions completely, which normally means you leave it completely
disconnected from the PC, start the software installation, and then
connect it to the PC when the install program asks you to do so.

I fought with one of these situations for 2 weeks (scanner not
recognized on an HP PSC model) and it was the Level 4 unintall
followed by a reboot and reinstall that finally got it working.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP