ad_rach

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11977" target="_new">The Inquirer</A> has published an article today saying that it has heard that Half Life 2 will be delayed for 'at least four months' and they suggest April 04 as the possible new release date!Admittedly this is Inquirer hear'say so take it as you will but it is suggested to have come from Vivendi themselves.If this is true it is a major annoyance for us gamers and will be pretty damned irksome to ATI (though I really doubt it will be so fatal a blow).

EDIT- SORRY.WAS SUPPOSED TO PUT THIS IN THE GRAPHICS CARD SECTION BUT OBVIOUSLY WASN'T FULLY AWAKE :redface: !
no matter how hard you try, you can't polish a turd. :]<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ad_rach on 10/07/03 02:58 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Yeah people buying 9800XT's cuz it bundles with HL2 would be screwd badly because when they'll finally get the game, the R420 will probly be there or around the corner...

Are DX9 games so hard to make? doomIII is delayed around that date...now hl2 =(

FallOutBoyTonto

Distinguished
May 6, 2003
<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11984" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11984</A>

<i>Posted by The Inquirer</i>
<b>SOURCES CLOSE to Valve Software tell us that despite wires – including us – picking up a Les Echos report that Half Life is delayed, it won't be. And it isn't.
Apparently Valve is close to issuing a statement about all of this – and our sources maintain that it's still going to ship in the "holiday" period – Yuletide to you and me.

What a fascinating tale this is all becoming. µ</b>

It seems they can't make up their mind. Now they're saying it'll probably make a holiday release. They jumped the gun as usual.

<A HREF="http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/10/03/chretienpot031001" target="_new">"I will have my money for my fine and a joint in the other hand." - Prime Minister Jean Chrétien</A>

9Nails

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2001
Hmmm, is the delay because they want to rewrite the network code after the source theft? Or do you think that they are just using that as an excuse to put a few more things into the game to make sure its ready for release? Valve's notorious for tinkering with things, never completed.

I've kinda thought that they put the release date out there too soon. Maybe they were trying to pull iD into the market before Doom III was ready... But I also think Doom III is held back because Microsoft paid iD to make the Xbox version release the same time as the PC. And to make that happen, Microsoft paid them for the Xbox version. So it's like free development time, and the money they got is like Christmas any way!

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
I wish they'd stop pissing about. I <i>really</i> want to play this game... I've not found anything nearly as enjoyable as the first one, since it was released... (apart from perhaps Deus Ex that is...) I'm kind of replaying it at the moment actually.. (but I've been interrupted by moving house).. It's still a good game, although looking a bit dated these days (but that means I can crank up the ol' AA on my poor old Gf4 Ti4600 without dropping frames noticeably..)

---
<font color=red>The preceding text is assembled from information stored in an unreliable organic storage medium. As such it may be innacurate, incomplete, or completely wrong</font color=red> :wink:

ad_rach

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
I can crank up the ol' AA on my poor old Gf4 Ti4600 without dropping frames noticeably
Yeah.Doesn't surprise me too much that that card can just about handle Half Life :smile: !When I first got HL, I was getting great frame rates on my Voodoo2 12mb!Still doesn't look too bad even compared to modern games and it came out a good 6(?) years ago.

no matter how hard you try, you can't polish a turd. :]

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
When I first played thru half-life, I had some non-3D S3 Gfx card, in a K6-2 350Mhz Machine with 64Mb of Ram. I had to play in Software mode, @ 400x300 Resolution :lol: .. What I didn't realise until later (being a noob back then) was that I could OC the proc to 475Mhz (95x5) and then it would be ok @ 512x384... Sadly only discovered the joys of overclocking after I'd completed it (well, got to the weird baby alien thingy and got bored anyway)

---
<font color=red>The preceding text is assembled from information stored in an unreliable organic storage medium. As such it may be innacurate, incomplete, or completely wrong</font color=red> :wink:

TRENDING THREADS