  • Diablo
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 5, 2005 4:12:16 AM

http://www.battle.net

I'm glad I've only been playing a month.

Liam aka DarkForceRising.

More about : ladder reset monday

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 4:12:17 AM

Chris Lansdell wrote:
> Liam Spencer held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
> A9yIe.158822$HI.49915@edtnps84 to this Interweb chatroom:
>
> > http://www.battle.net
> >
> > I'm glad I've only been playing a month.
> >
> Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
> recurring!

Ah well, we all thought this might happen with the patch.

I'll be new laddering.

PS sorry misfit.
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 4:12:17 AM

Heh, you wanna bet they saw how easy people were getting keys and
taking out the uber 3 that they decided they'd better throw in a ladder
reset to slow people down a bit?

Certainly it's going to take me a bit to rebuild my smiter on ladder.
I suspect I'll again take to trading to get him the items I want rather
than waiting for them to drop. Though getting a Lo for another Grief
for him that won't end up disappearing could be hard. : (

Oh, and Blizzard TOTALLY have it in for me. Last ladder reset occured
right when I was moving house so I got to play for a few hours right
when the ladder reset, then was off for a couple of weeks while the
telephone company tried to get the phone lines working. Then there was
more of a wait for the ADSL to get sorted out.
This time, they waited until I was heading off for a week of skiing to
do the reset. The bastages!!

--
Ashen Shugar
Related resources

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote in message

> Shiflet buddy, after the dust settles it looks like you might be getting a
> whole buch of stuff from me too.

Awesome, thanks. I know you have at least one Spirit and Insight, both of
which are on my wishlist, hehehe.

> --
> ~misfit~

August 5, 2005 4:12:17 AM

~misfit~ wrote:
> Oh bugger!

Lol ladder reset. Looks like you gambled on the wrong side again,
Misfit :(  Will you be moving entirely to Ladder then? Heh, what will
you do with your 15 or so accounts plus the ones you babysit? After
you give Shiflet the Ladder Only items, I recommend giving the rest to
Hammy, he's already got 50+ accounts, what's 10 more? :)

*** Running away into the night, good thing Hamsters are diurnal ***
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 4:12:18 AM

Ashen Shugar wrote on 4 Aug 2005 18:09:22 -0700:
> Heh, you wanna bet they saw how easy people were getting keys and
> taking out the uber 3 that they decided they'd better throw in a ladder
> reset to slow people down a bit?

I hope the ladder reset was planned all along. It just makes so much
sense to do a reset after all this time.

What I don't like is Blizzard's attitude towards resets -- we never have
any idea how long when the next reset is going to be until right before it
strikes. It would be much nicer if they announced how long each ladder
season would last when it starts.

--
"Ruleless 'law' will be a political weapon and control of the
judiciary will therefore be a political prize. 'Democracy' will

Liam Spencer held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
A9yIe.158822$HI.49915@edtnps84 to this Interweb chatroom:

> http://www.battle.net
>
> I'm glad I've only been playing a month.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
recurring!

Ah well. I'll be staying on ladder, I suppose. Shiflet and all non ladder
USWest denizens, there's some fairly nice gear on some mules, including 3
SoJ, a Brand in a Great Bow, an Anni, a few Insight and Obedience, and so
on. I also have a fair few nice runes, so if there's a ladder-only runeword
you want made before the reset, let me know, because right now a CoH is my
default choice.

Now then, what to play on Monday?
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 4:25:39 AM

"Chris Lansdell" <lansdellicious@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> recurring!
>
> Ah well. I'll be staying on ladder, I suppose. Shiflet and all non ladder
> USWest denizens, there's some fairly nice gear on some mules, including 3
> SoJ, a Brand in a Great Bow, an Anni, a few Insight and Obedience, and so
> on.

The ladder only runewords are like mana from heaven to me, those are the
ONLY things ladder only that I really want and don't have/can't get. Insight
and Obedience are both high on my list as well. And I'm *always* open for
more Annis, since the clone never shows up for me anymore(I think he fears
me!).

> I also have a fair few nice runes, so if there's a ladder-only runeword
> you want made before the reset, let me know, because right now a CoH is my
> default choice.

The 2 ladder only runewords I most had a use for(aside from Insight) are a
Grief phase blade or zerker axe(smiter's dream weapon, I have a PvP smiter,
so...), and a Faith non-zon only elite bow(potential end-game Frost Ranger
weapon-skills, Fana for IAS and AR and also boosts physical damage to help
leech, huge AR boost and ITD, and even resistances). Infinity would be nice
too, but I actually have less use for it than the others.

And on the cheap end, a spirit sword and shield would both be handy, to help
any potential casters I might make.
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 5:08:56 AM

> Indeed I do. I also have an eth Colossus Voulge, you want me to poke four
> holes in it and make Insight in it? It has a strength requirement of 200.
> haven't made it as I don't need it but if you want I'll make it for you.

Actually, that would be nice. My hammerdin's merc has a strength of 216, so
he can use it(definitely an improvement over his merc's current weapon, a
plain Cruel Colossus Voulge).

> Spirit sword or shield? I can make a Monarch for you, I have a white one.
> have a couple Spirit crystal swords (I think), great for boners with the
FCR
> and +mana. I'm fairly sure I have a couple Pally shields with Spirit in
them
> too, nothing Uber though.

Spirit crystal sword would be great. Shield I'm not really worried about,
because for casters, I don't get my strength high enough to use a monarch
unless I'm planning them to use a Stormshield.

> LOL, must check the rune supply. Any requests for other ladder runewords?

Well, the ones I want most are pretty expensive, I'm after a Faith(in an
elite non-zon bow), Grief(in phase blade, ideally, zerker otherwise), and
Infinity for a possible trapper or sorc merc. Athough, I would kinda like a
Lawbringer though, if you can make one(in any item, I just want it strictly
as a weapon switch for my melee druid because of the C2C decrep+elemental
damage for dealing with PIs), and Obediance weapons are always good for
mercs. Harmony looks kinda cool, but I don't have a specific use for one in
mind either.

> --
> ~misfit~

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 2:43:41 PM

Hee hee hee! You all have to start over too. *sticks out tongue*

I do wish I had not played six hours last night trying to get a
character to the point where I could MF with him. Waste of time. Oh
well. One good thing is that you can just sign on with a new mule and
wander off. I left one on yesterday and when I came back hours later,
I was still in the game.
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 2:57:00 PM

Shiflet held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
ZnDIe.504$Zo3.332@fe03.lga to this Interweb chatroom:

> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote in message
>

> Well, the ones I want most are pretty expensive, I'm after a Faith(in
> an elite non-zon bow), Grief(in phase blade, ideally, zerker
> otherwise), and Infinity for a possible trapper or sorc merc.
> Athough, I would kinda like a Lawbringer though, if you can make
> one(in any item, I just want it strictly as a weapon switch for my
> melee druid because of the C2C decrep+elemental damage for dealing
> with PIs), and Obediance weapons are always good for mercs. Harmony
> looks kinda cool, but I don't have a specific use for one in mind
> either.

I have 2 lawbringers, one in a Scepter and one in a Col blade. 2 Harmony,
one in a shodw bow and one in a cedar bow I think. Edge in some random low
bow. Plenty of Obedience. I'm 1 Ber short of making Infinity.
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 2:57:01 PM

> I have 2 lawbringers, one in a Scepter and one in a Col blade.

The scepter should be good. I know my druid has enough strength to use a col
blade, but not sure if he has the dex(he was built for an eBotD thundermaul,
so no blocking, so no dex pumping)

> 2 Harmony, one in a shodw bow and one in a cedar bow I think.

Either would be good with me, I don't even know for sure that I will use it,
heh. It looks good, but I have no specific build in mind for it. Maybe I
could give the cedar bow one to a mid-level frost ranger.

> Edge in some random low bow.

I don't recall that one. It's the one with Thorns, right? Could be an early
weapon if I made that ranger.

> Plenty of Obedience.

Quite a new word, and cheap to boot. These should be pretty easy to get.

> I'm 1 Ber short of making Infinity.

Dang, you must have quite the rune stockpile!
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 10:18:25 PM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Spirit crystal sword would be great. Shield I'm not really worried about,
>because for casters, I don't get my strength high enough to use a monarch
>unless I'm planning them to use a Stormshield.

>> LOL, must check the rune supply. Any requests for other ladder runewords?

>Well, the ones I want most are pretty expensive, I'm after a Faith(in an
>elite non-zon bow), Grief(in phase blade, ideally, zerker otherwise), and
>Infinity for a possible trapper or sorc merc. Athough, I would kinda like a
>Lawbringer though, if you can make one(in any item, I just want it strictly
>as a weapon switch for my melee druid because of the C2C decrep+elemental
>damage for dealing with PIs), and Obediance weapons are always good for
>mercs. Harmony looks kinda cool, but I don't have a specific use for one in
>mind either.

Well, there were certainly a lot of Spirit, Insight, and Obedience items made
by AGDers this season, so I'm sure you'll get a nice stock there.

I MAY (emphasis on MAY, I'll have to see how things pan out) have a grief
phase blade (made with self-found runes) available in a few days. But we'll
have to wait and see, I think. Right now it looks like I'll be moving to
season 3 ladder, because it appears that the people I usually game with are
planning on going there, in which case that sword MAY become available.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
Anonymous

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> Well, there were certainly a lot of Spirit, Insight, and Obedience items
made
> by AGDers this season, so I'm sure you'll get a nice stock there.

Yeah, I remember from reading lots of posts by lots of people all through
this season that Insights, Spirts, and Obediances were being made like
hotcakes, so I figured if even ONE person dumped them when the ladder reset
I'd at least get those three, heh.

> I MAY (emphasis on MAY, I'll have to see how things pan out) have a grief
> phase blade (made with self-found runes) available in a few days. But
we'll
> have to wait and see, I think. Right now it looks like I'll be moving to
> season 3 ladder, because it appears that the people I usually game with
are
> planning on going there, in which case that sword MAY become available.

Okie dokie, if it does, it would be much appreciated. With that sword, I
think my smiter would pwn...or something like that.

> --
> "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 2:07:06 AM

Shiflet held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
64IIe.158$Mq4.2@fe05.lga to this Interweb chatroom:

> "Chris Lansdell" <lansdellicious@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I have 2 lawbringers, one in a Scepter and one in a Col blade.
>
> The scepter should be good. I know my druid has enough strength to
> use a col blade, but not sure if he has the dex(he was built for an
> eBotD thundermaul, so no blocking, so no dex pumping)

I use it on a barb merc for running Ancient Tunnels/Mausoleum/Crypt, would
work great with any ranged attacker.

>> 2 Harmony, one in a shodw bow and one in a cedar bow I think.
>
> Either would be good with me, I don't even know for sure that I will
> use it, heh. It looks good, but I have no specific build in mind for
> it. Maybe I could give the cedar bow one to a mid-level frost ranger.

It's amazing amounts of fun. I made a summoner pally with max Fanat, a Might
merc, Valk from the bow, Clay Golem from Stnoe, and occasionally Revives.
I'll be sad to lose him. That Valk was one-hitting in a1 hell (it's a
perfect +6 Valk)

>> Edge in some random low bow.
>
> I don't recall that one. It's the one with Thorns, right? Could be an
> early weapon if I made that ranger.

It's of more use for the "Reduces prices 15%" mod...

>> I'm 1 Ber short of making Infinity.
>
> Dang, you must have quite the rune stockpile!

I got lucky, if you remember, with that PnB charm, and then cubed up. Having
lost one of the runes I cubed, I know at least 1 of the runes I got for that
charm was duped. Ah well, easy come...
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 2:16:35 AM

> I use it on a barb merc for running Ancient Tunnels/Mausoleum/Crypt, would
> work great with any ranged attacker.

Indeed.

> It's amazing amounts of fun. I made a summoner pally with max Fanat, a
Might
> merc, Valk from the bow, Clay Golem from Stnoe, and occasionally Revives.
> I'll be sad to lose him. That Valk was one-hitting in a1 hell (it's a
> perfect +6 Valk)

Haha, nice.

> It's of more use for the "Reduces prices 15%" mod...

Ohhhh yeah, that one. I think I got a perfect Gheed's somewhere from last
reset, may as well put Edge on a character with them and devote them to
shopping.

> I got lucky, if you remember, with that PnB charm, and then cubed up.
Having
> lost one of the runes I cubed, I know at least 1 of the runes I got for
that
> charm was duped. Ah well, easy come...

Ahh yeah, I remember.
August 6, 2005 2:58:06 AM

~misfit~ wrote:
> Actually, will you email me please?

For some reason, the password to my Diablo email just skips my mind at
the moment. I'm now trying to remember the answer to the secret
question to recover my password... Either way, if I can't figure out in
my next 10 or so attempts, I'll send you an email from my gmail one.
You still remember that one, right? Unblock me :)