Microsoft Outlook toolbar problem

Hello...I was trying to set up newreader. I followed the instructions to add
news to the go menu. I was trying to set up reader when i realized i didn't
know the provider news whatever....so it closed on me. When i went to set it
up again, news is now gone from everything. It's not in my toolbar anywhere.
Can anyone help me?
4 answers Last reply
More about microsoft outlook toolbar problem

    On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 06:47:01 -0700, ladysong wrote:

    > Thanks for responding but that still isn't helping me with my problem. I
    > did all the steps to set up news. The problem is it's gone. It's not on
    > any tab nor is it in the drop down under customize. When I click on go
    > in the catagories then go to commands it's not there anymore. I am also
    > using the newer version of Outlook. Do you think it would be better if I
    > just re-install outlook?

    I use Outlook for email and OE for news. I don't know why OL makes it so
    difficult to get to the newsreader but they do. Because of this, I create a
    shortcut to OE and add the /outnews switch. This allows OE to be used for
    newsgroups only and doesn't mess with your Outlook installation. The
    shortcut can be placed anywhere that's handy but placing it in my Quick
    Launch toolbar gives me one click access to this newsreader.

    Here's what the "Target" line in my OE shortcut looks like:
    "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /outnews

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Did you try reconfiguring OL for News again?

    ARE YOU MISSING GO, NEWS?

    A common complaint in every forum is the missing Go, News command in Outlook
    2003. By default, the News command was removed from the Go menu and you need
    to customize the toolbar to add it back. It's a simple job and the
    instructions are included in Outlook's Help file, however, after adding it
    to their Go menu, many users discover the News command is missing once they
    close and reopen Outlook. It's not in the Commands dialog and resetting the
    toolbar or deleting outcmd.dat doesn't help.

    Through trial and error, we learned this happens after setting Outlook
    Express as the default newsreader, either by answering Yes to the command
    prompt that asks if you want to make Outlook Express your default or by
    changing the newsreader setting in the Internet Options, Programs tab.

    To get the News command back, open Control Panel, Internet Options and
    select the Programs tab, then change the default newsreader to Outlook
    Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time
    you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No
    button.

    You don't have to use the Go, News command to open Outlook Express in
    news-only mode. You can create a shortcut to Outlook Express and add the
    /outnews switch to the command line, like this:

    "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /outnews

    After you create a shortcut on your desktop, you can add it to the Quick
    Launch toolbar, drag it to the Outlook Bar or Shortcut pane (Outlook 2003).

    Source: http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2004/up040122.htm#news

    Outlook newsgroups:

    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    ladysong wrote:
    > Hello...I was trying to set up newreader. I followed the instructions to
    > add news to the go menu. I was trying to set up reader when i realized i
    > didn't know the provider news whatever....so it closed on me. When i went
    > to set it up again, news is now gone from everything. It's not in my
    > toolbar anywhere. Can anyone help me?

    It's already been shown in the newsgroups that your credibility is lacking,
    and your character issues are major.

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    | Stop defaming and harassing me.
    |
    | --