  • Google Earth
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 27, 2005 2:04:02 PM

there has been quite a lot of media coverage of both applications. which one
is the best? which one is the easiest to use?
--
seanpaul99

More about : google earth nasa world wind

August 27, 2005 2:53:20 PM

seanpaul99 wrote:

> there has been quite a lot of media coverage of both applications.
> which one is the best? which one is the easiest to use?

The best way for you to determine this is to download and install them
and decide for yourself. A good practice to do before you install
software like this is to make a System Restore point first, then
install the program.

Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore
Create a Restore Point (name it something useful like "before Google
Earth").

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:04:02 -0700, seanpaul99 wrote:

> there has been quite a lot of media coverage of both applications. which one
> is the best? which one is the easiest to use?

I haven't tried both but you could. Compare the two and if they offer
similar performance and features, then the best is the one that you like
the most.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

"PC Magazine" for Sept 6, 2005 page 49 has a review of Microsoft's new MSN
Virtual Earth - better add it to your selection mix.
http://virtualearth.msn.com

"seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> there has been quite a lot of media coverage of both applications. which
> one
> is the best? which one is the easiest to use?
> --
> seanpaul99
August 27, 2005 10:48:18 PM

Goggle earth is easy to use and gives clear images worldwide.
NASA site is horrible, out focus, bad lat/lon images.
I can see my car in my yard on goggle, cant even find street or house with
NASA. Can even find house I lived in in Japan with Goggle.
NUF SAID.
"seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> there has been quite a lot of media coverage of both applications. which
> one
> is the best? which one is the easiest to use?
> --
> seanpaul99
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 11:31:07 PM

Google Earth Owns
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 8:42:52 PM

nasa world wind
"seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> there has been quite a lot of media coverage of both applications. which
> one
> is the best? which one is the easiest to use?
> --
> seanpaul99
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 8:42:53 PM

"ruffin" <ruffin1001@yahoo.com> wrote in news:o jfO2WzrFHA.1172
@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

> nasa world wind
> "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> there has been quite a lot of media coverage of both applications. which
>> one
>> is the best? which one is the easiest to use?
>> --
>> seanpaul99

Best requires some criteria. What's best for you may be useless to me and
vice versa. The same goes for easiest to use.

FWIW NASA World Wind will run on older OS's such as Windows 98 and has less
stringent hardware requirements than Google Earth. It's also a much larger
download (45MB without the Blue Marble Data which is 124MB). While Google
Earth is only 10.5MB.

If you meet the hardware/software requirements for Google Earth I would
suggest you try it first as it's a smaller download. If you don't like it or
don't meet the requirements take a look at World Wind. Finally Google Maps
has a hybrid option that will do much of what Google Earth does and has none
of the hardware/software limitations.
!