google earth? nasa world wind?

there has been quite a lot of media coverage of both applications. which one
is the best? which one is the easiest to use?
--
seanpaul99
7 answers Last reply

    seanpaul99 wrote:

    > there has been quite a lot of media coverage of both applications.
    > which one is the best? which one is the easiest to use?

    The best way for you to determine this is to download and install them
    and decide for yourself. A good practice to do before you install
    software like this is to make a System Restore point first, then
    install the program.

    Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore
    Create a Restore Point (name it something useful like "before Google
    Earth").

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:04:02 -0700, seanpaul99 wrote:

    > there has been quite a lot of media coverage of both applications. which one
    > is the best? which one is the easiest to use?

    I haven't tried both but you could. Compare the two and if they offer
    similar performance and features, then the best is the one that you like
    the most.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    "PC Magazine" for Sept 6, 2005 page 49 has a review of Microsoft's new MSN
    Virtual Earth - better add it to your selection mix.
    http://virtualearth.msn.com

    "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > there has been quite a lot of media coverage of both applications. which
    > one
    > is the best? which one is the easiest to use?
    > --
    > seanpaul99

    Goggle earth is easy to use and gives clear images worldwide.
    NASA site is horrible, out focus, bad lat/lon images.
    I can see my car in my yard on goggle, cant even find street or house with
    NASA. Can even find house I lived in in Japan with Goggle.
    NUF SAID.
    "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > there has been quite a lot of media coverage of both applications. which
    > one
    > is the best? which one is the easiest to use?
    > --
    > seanpaul99

    Google Earth Owns

    nasa world wind

    "ruffin" <ruffin1001@yahoo.com> wrote in news:OjfO2WzrFHA.1172
    @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

    > nasa world wind
    > "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> there has been quite a lot of media coverage of both applications. which
    >> one
    >> is the best? which one is the easiest to use?
    >> --
    >> seanpaul99

    Best requires some criteria. What's best for you may be useless to me and
    vice versa. The same goes for easiest to use.

    FWIW NASA World Wind will run on older OS's such as Windows 98 and has less
    stringent hardware requirements than Google Earth. It's also a much larger
    download (45MB without the Blue Marble Data which is 124MB). While Google
    Earth is only 10.5MB.

    If you meet the hardware/software requirements for Google Earth I would
    suggest you try it first as it's a smaller download. If you don't like it or
    don't meet the requirements take a look at World Wind. Finally Google Maps
    has a hybrid option that will do much of what Google Earth does and has none
    of the hardware/software limitations.

Google Earth Microsoft Windows XP