Mike

Splendid

I have recently had to perform a complete system recovery on my computer
because I had lost control. The computer kept shutting down and starting up
on its' own. I tried everything I could before I did a recovery, but it did
not help. I thought I had all my important files backed up but that was not
the case. My question is, can I retreive any files now that I have done a
complete system restore? I am trying to retrieve all my Quicken files. How
would I go about it?
--
Mike S

FreeUndelete is a freeware data recovery program for deleted files.
http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/index.htm#properusage

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Mike" wrote:

| I have recently had to perform a complete system recovery on my computer
| because I had lost control. The computer kept shutting down and starting up
| on its' own. I tried everything I could before I did a recovery, but it did
| not help. I thought I had all my important files backed up but that was not
| the case. My question is, can I retreive any files now that I have done a
| complete system restore? I am trying to retrieve all my Quicken files. How
| would I go about it?
| --
| Mike S

Byte

Did you do a "complete Restore" or a "complete reinstall of XP"???
If you did a Restore, most of your files should still be on your harddrive.
if you did a complete (clean) reinstall of XP, sorry they're gone.
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> FreeUndelete is a freeware data recovery program for deleted files.
> http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/index.htm#properusage
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Mike" wrote:
>
> | I have recently had to perform a complete system recovery on my computer
> | because I had lost control. The computer kept shutting down and starting up
> | on its' own. I tried everything I could before I did a recovery, but it did
> | not help. I thought I had all my important files backed up but that was not
> | the case. My question is, can I retreive any files now that I have done a
> | complete system restore? I am trying to retrieve all my Quicken files. How
> | would I go about it?
> | --
> | Mike S

First off you must stop using the system. Everytime you run it the system
will be writing data to the hard drive this means any remnants of files that
are left will be getting over written. You should pull the drive and swap in
another if you have only one system to use. You will have pay some big bucks
for decent recovery software. This is one of the best I've found for being
able to recover lost files
http://www.winternals.com/Products/AdministratorsPak/#erdcommander2005

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

>I have recently had to perform a complete system recovery on my computer
> because I had lost control. The computer kept shutting down and starting
> up
> on its' own. I tried everything I could before I did a recovery, but it
> did
> not help. I thought I had all my important files backed up but that was
> not
> the case. My question is, can I retreive any files now that I have done a
> complete system restore? I am trying to retrieve all my Quicken files. How
> would I go about it?
> --
> Mike S

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

Did you format the hard drive? If so everything is gone.
>I have recently had to perform a complete system recovery on my computer
> because I had lost control. The computer kept shutting down and starting
> up
> on its' own. I tried everything I could before I did a recovery, but it
> did
> not help. I thought I had all my important files backed up but that was
> not
> the case. My question is, can I retreive any files now that I have done a
> complete system restore? I am trying to retrieve all my Quicken files. How
> would I go about it?
> --
> Mike S

Mike

Splendid

Thanks for the help. I took my computer into a shop where we tried to recover
some of my lost files. After a long scan we were not able to recover the
files I wanted. I appreciate your time in this matter

Mike S
--
Mike S

"Harry Ohrn" wrote:

> First off you must stop using the system. Everytime you run it the system
> will be writing data to the hard drive this means any remnants of files that
> are left will be getting over written. You should pull the drive and swap in
> another if you have only one system to use. You will have pay some big bucks
> for decent recovery software. This is one of the best I've found for being
> able to recover lost files
> http://www.winternals.com/Products/AdministratorsPak/#erdcommander2005
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have recently had to perform a complete system recovery on my computer
> > because I had lost control. The computer kept shutting down and starting
> > up
> > on its' own. I tried everything I could before I did a recovery, but it
> > did
> > not help. I thought I had all my important files backed up but that was
> > not
> > the case. My question is, can I retreive any files now that I have done a
> > complete system restore? I am trying to retrieve all my Quicken files. How
> > would I go about it?
> > --
> > Mike S

Mike

Splendid

I did a complete system recovey, because when I tried to recover keeping my
files I kept getting errors. I was desperate to get my computer back and
tired of fighting off malware. I had backed up some of the files I needed but
not all. I have taken the computer into the shop to try some recovery
software but could not recover what I needed. Thanks for the time and help.

Mike S
--
Mike S

"Unknown" wrote:

> Did you format the hard drive? If so everything is gone.
> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have recently had to perform a complete system recovery on my computer
> > because I had lost control. The computer kept shutting down and starting
> > up
> > on its' own. I tried everything I could before I did a recovery, but it
> > did
> > not help. I thought I had all my important files backed up but that was
> > not
> > the case. My question is, can I retreive any files now that I have done a
> > complete system restore? I am trying to retrieve all my Quicken files. How
> > would I go about it?
> > --
> > Mike S

Mike

Splendid

A complete system recovery. I took the computer into the shop to try to
recover my files but could not. Thanks for the time and help.
--
Mike S

"Byte" wrote:

> Did you do a "complete Restore" or a "complete reinstall of XP"???
> If you did a Restore, most of your files should still be on your harddrive.
> if you did a complete (clean) reinstall of XP, sorry they're gone.
> --
> XP-WNP
> Today is the first day of the
> rest of your life.
>

> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > FreeUndelete is a freeware data recovery program for deleted files.
> > http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/index.htm#properusage
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP - Shell/User
> > Microsoft Newsgroups
> >
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > "Mike" wrote:
> >
> > | I have recently had to perform a complete system recovery on my computer
> > | because I had lost control. The computer kept shutting down and starting up
> > | on its' own. I tried everything I could before I did a recovery, but it did
> > | not help. I thought I had all my important files backed up but that was not
> > | the case. My question is, can I retreive any files now that I have done a
> > | complete system restore? I am trying to retrieve all my Quicken files. How
> > | would I go about it?
> > | --
> > | Mike S

Mike

Splendid

Tried and did not work. Thanks for the help.
--
Mike S