  • Microsoft
  • Splash Screen
  • Windows XP
August 28, 2005 5:38:02 PM

When I turn on the computer and it goes through the booting process and then
when it comes up past the splash screen and then would come to my home screen
with the icons it would just reboot. Could this be a virus? Please help!!

More about : reboots screen pops

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 8:35:39 PM

Tall Choclate wrote:
> When I turn on the computer and it goes through the booting process
> and then when it comes up past the splash screen and then would come
> to my home screen with the icons it would just reboot. Could this be
> a virus? Please help!!

Could be.
Sounds more like a bum driver or bum patch though.

Boot into Safe Mode and do a system restore to the last day you know it was
working.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP