reboots when screen pops up

When I turn on the computer and it goes through the booting process and then
when it comes up past the splash screen and then would come to my home screen
with the icons it would just reboot. Could this be a virus? Please help!!
1 answer Last reply
More about reboots screen pops

    Tall Choclate wrote:
    > When I turn on the computer and it goes through the booting process
    > and then when it comes up past the splash screen and then would come
    > to my home screen with the icons it would just reboot. Could this be
    > a virus? Please help!!

    Could be.
    Sounds more like a bum driver or bum patch though.

    Boot into Safe Mode and do a system restore to the last day you know it was
    working.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

Computers Microsoft Splash Screen Windows XP