Very little free space on C:/

I am seeing 9G usage on C:/, and I checked Windows Explorer for a
breakdown; but the tally comes no where near 9G. Is there another way
to determine disk usage?

--
XPED
4 answers Last reply

    Hi,

    You are probably not set to see hidden and system files. Things like
    pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys, both of which should reside on the root, can
    take considerable space.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "XPED" <XPED.1uhzpq@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I am seeing 9G usage on C:/, and I checked Windows Explorer for a
    > breakdown; but the tally comes no where near 9G. Is there another way
    > to determine disk usage?
    >

    > --
    > XPED

    "XPED" <XPED.1uhzpq@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    | I am seeing 9G usage on C:/, and I checked Windows Explorer for a
    | breakdown; but the tally comes no where near 9G. Is there another way
    | to determine disk usage?
    |

    | --
    | XPED

    SequoiaView is an excellent free (and clean) utility helpful in tracking
    down mysterious missing drive space.

    It provides a one window graphical representation of which files are taking
    up how much space where on a drive, often quickly and easily tracking down
    files that Windows is reluctant to reveal.

    http://www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/

    (It's kinda fun too) :-)

    --
    Doug

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    HillBillyBuddhist Wrote:

    > http://www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/

    Hi!
    Downloaded and installed sequoiaview, Well! we must have a different
    definition of "fun" WEIRD I would call it.
    Sorry it's only my opinion of course.

    --
    lomaca

    XPED Wrote:
    > I am seeing 9G usage on C:/, and I checked Windows Explorer for a
    > breakdown; but the tally comes no where near 9G. Is there another way
    > to determine disk usage?

    The best tool I know of is Treesize. You can get it at
    http://www.jam-software.com/treesize/
    It is a powerful and flexible harddisk space manager for Windows
    98/ME/NT/2000/XP. It shows you the size, allocated and wasted space,
    the number of files, 3D bar and pie charts, the last access date, the
    file owner, the NTFS compression rate and much more information for
    several folders or drives you choose. Try it out. Cheers

    --
    aginart

Windows Explorer Microsoft Free Space Windows XP