dre

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have the Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard with AMD Athlon XP 3000+ processor. I was wondering if you knew of any memory incompatibilities with this board. I currently have 1 gig (2 x 512) Samsung PC3200 Dual DDR 400mhz ram. My system crashes every time I'm in dual ddr mode (works with onely one memory stick in there). I've replaced the memory, motherboard, processor, and video card (Asus Geforce Ti 4800 SE) but the problem persists. I was wondering if you guys knew of any incompatibilities
that this board has with certain types of memory.

Thank,

Andrei

dre

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am using Windows XP. My bios is up to date, I got the latest drivers for everything. The part number of the memory which I have is K4H560838E-TCCC; the one which is recommended by Asus on their website is K4H560838D-TCC4. I know they are different but it mind as well be the same thing. What do you guys say, is it the part numbers?

Thanks.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Try loosening your Ram timings a little. e.g. if they're currently set to 2-2-2-5 try 2.5-2-2-6 maybe..

DC setups can be very sensitive when it comes to RAM. I assume (from the 'dual' in the name) that the RAM came as a twin pack, certified for DC operation?

---
<font color=red>The preceding text is assembled from information stored in an unreliable organic storage medium. As such it may be innacurate, incomplete, or completely wrong</font color=red> :wink:

dre

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ChipDeath, I have no idea how to do that, nor what those numbers mean. Yes, the ram came in dual pack and is made to run in dual ddr mode (certified DC operation? no idea what that means either). thanks.