tombo3k

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2003
I have a Shuttle An35Ultra and the 11.5, 12, and 12.5 multipliers dont show up in the bios. It jumps all the way from 11 to 13. I have a Barton 2500 o/c'd to 2203 mhz right now (11x200). I think a BIOS flash would give me the multipliers, but I dont know how to go about doing it. I downloaded the an35s00g.exe file from Shuttle's website but when I open it I get something that says "Error open0". I have Windows XP Professional on a NTFS partition. What would be the easiest way to flash the bios? thanks

tombo3k

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2003
omg no1 can help me I feel sad. lol come on people this is ur freaking life helping people like me. =) Thanks

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
different manufacturers use slighlty differing techniques, but the most normal one is to create a bootable floppy, and put a BIOS flash program, and a new BIOS image on it.

I would be extremely suprised if the instructions for flashing the BIOS aren't somewhere on the website you got the new BIOS from. Go back and have a good look around.

On a final note - be careful when flashing the BIOS, as a cock-up could render your PC unuseable (at least until you can get another BIOS chip sent to you)

What happens if you pick 13x in the BIOS? With that chip I believe the highest multi is 12.5 anyway (without modding the chip that is, and on that mobo), and it might just be a display issue in the BIOS.

---
<font color=red>The preceding text is assembled from information stored in an unreliable organic storage medium. As such it may be innacurate, incomplete, or completely wrong</font color=red> :wink: